Prologue

"I can't believe you can't get me out of this

"I can't believe you can't get me out of this...I mean it's so absurd I have to be here on a Saturday! It's not like I'm a defective or anything..." Claire Standish whines to her father. "I'll make it up to you...Honey, ditching class to go shopping doesn't make you a defective. Have a good day." Her father says, shooing her out. Claire rolls her eyes and gets out of the car and walks up the school front steps.

"Is this the first time or the last time we do this?" Brian Johnson's mother demands. "Last..." He mutters looking at his shoes. "Well get in there and use the time to your advantage." She says. "Mom, we're not supposed to study; we just have to sit there and do nothing." Brian says. "Well mister you figure out a way to study." Brian's mother says. "Yeah!" His little sister says squeezed between them. "Well go!" Brian's mom says. He gets out of the car and walks towards the school.

"Hey,I screwed around...guys screw around, there's nothing wrong with that. Except you got caught, Sporto." Andrew Clark's father says. Yeah, Mom already reemed me, alright?" Andrew says. "You wanna miss a match? You wanna blow your ride?" He asks Andrew angrily. Andrew shakes his head. "Now no school's gonna give a scholarship to a discipline case." His father says. Andrew gets out of the car and walks into the school.

John Bender is walking across the school parking lot towards the school wearing sunglasses. A car is coming towards him but he doesn't stop walking. The car slams on its breaks directly in front of him. Bender keeps walking. Out of the car steps Allison. She is dressed all in black. She steps forward to look in the car's front window and the car drives away.

"It's fine, honey. People make mistakes." Kathleen Love's father says. "Dad...I pulled a fire alarm. I disrupted class. I did something bad." She says in a begging manner. "That's ok sweetie." He says. "I could do anything I want and you wouldn't care..." She mutters. "'Cause you're my daughter, Kathy. In my eyes, you can do no wrong." He says. "Do you care?" She mutters. "Of course I care." He says. "Then do something about it! Yell at me! Punish me! Do something!" She demands. "I would never do that, honey." Her father says. "Fine. Whatever." She mutters getting out of the car walking towards the school.