Inevitable (Bill Weasley)

Start from the beginning

He looked around the room and tried to give me a weak smile when he saw me, the motion pulled at his wounds. He winced and I walked back to his side, snagging the pain potion from the bedside. His eyes followed my movement and froze, eyes settling onto the discarded ring. I remained silent, knowing that he wouldn't need or want my words. Uncorking the potion I held it out for him to take.

Taking the potion from me, he tipped his head back and downed the entire thing. When he handed me the bottle back I noticed that the wrinkles from his eyes had smoothed out when the pain had disappeared. He met my eyes and I swallowed slightly, the pain potion could do nothing about the pain in them. I took the empty vial and threw it in the bin before returning to his side.

"She left me." He didn't want a response so I didn't give him one. Instead he reached out to grab my arm to pull me down to sit beside him. He sighed, running a hand through his hair and I patted his thigh gently, unsure of what else to do. "I was attacked by a werewolf. Does that mean that I'm going to transform into one as well?"

"No you won't. You won't get any hairier than you are now," I paused eyeing his long hair. "Though I doubt that it's possible for you to get any hairier than you are now." I was rewarded with a small smile. "Now you need to rest for a while and don't even think about going into work tomorrow, alright?"

He met my eyes and quirked an eyebrow at me. "Healer's orders?"

"Healer's orders." I confirmed, standing up from his bed.

Pressing a kiss to his cheek before I turned to leave I shut the door quietly behind me. When I made my way down the stairs I found Molly waiting for me.

"How is he?"

"He should be alright Molly," I assured her, "It's important that he gives himself time to heal properly and that means not going into work or getting so involved in a case that he skips meals."

"So basically he's under my watch then?"

I smiled at her, "I knew you were a smart woman."

*************

Finishing my shift for the day I apparated out of the hospital but I didn't head home yet. Instead, I apparated into Shell Cottage and made my way into the kitchen. Glancing at the clock mounted on the wall I knew that Bill would currently be in the shower. He was a creature of habit and according to Molly he had gotten into the habit of not eating - simply because he couldn't be bothered to make something. Molly tried to come around to the cottage to cook for Bill but she had many other things to worry about.

Looking away from the clock I started to cook, pulling ingredients out of the fridge that I had fully stocked just last night. Shrugging out of my coat I draped it over the back of a chair and tied up my hair. Right, he needed something hearty, something that would help maintain his weight.

I started to peel the vegetables, when I heard the shower switch off. Right, I didn't have left. Speeding up, I switched the stove on and continued to cook. Once I had finished cooking, I let out a deep breath; I'd managed to finish in time. Lading some of the soup into a bowl, I made my way to the table and put the bowl on the table. Putting the remaining soup into a container, I left it aside to cool. Bill could reheat the soup whenever he wanted it.

Casting a warming charm over the bowl, I picked up my coat and prepared to leave when I heard footsteps padding down the stairs. Bill walked into the kitchen before I could try to apparate out of the cottage. His eyebrows rose at the sight of me.

"So you're the one that cooks for me and just evaporates into thin air then?" he asked as he made his way towards me, helping me out of my coat before I could protest. "I already knew it wasn't mum because she'd stick round to baby me more and I had an inkling that it might have been you."