4; waste the night

"C'mon it's not that bad," Luke mumbled. I glared at him as hard as I could, just wishing that this would've never happened.

"Our hands are handcuffed as we sit in the back of a police car! What's not bad about it?! This has bad written all over it!" I seethed as I tried not to crush my hands before sitting back in the leather seats.

"You know if my hands were free I'd hold them up in defense so just pretend I'm doing that," I scoffed before he began talking again. "Sorry Ashton. Okay I was honestly joking around with you,"

"Joking?! Just joking?! Luke what the fuck! It's not a joke if we're actually getting arrested! This isn't a surprise you always did stupid stuff when we were together! When are you going to stop?" I asked as the police car stopped. Luke sighed as we got out of the car, police men behind us.

I was trembling because I've never gotten arrested yet alone even pulled over or seen by a cop.

"You are definitely getting you're ass beat when we're out of here," I groaned as the put us in a holding cell.

"You two stay here until we figure anything else out," the police walked away and it was just Luke and I, together in a tight room, with nothing but each other.

"You suck." I said as I crossed my arms and sat down.

"I'm honestly sorry Ash. I didn't mean for this to happen." He said, sighing. I rolled my eyes.

"You always say that. I'm not believing you anymore. I'm not the little gullible Ashton I used to be last year." I said scoffing and looking to the side.

"Look Ashton. I know you hate me. I know you've hated me since I left you for Amanda and I'm trying to apologize—"

"This is you're way of apologizing?!" I asked motioning around the cell. "In case you haven't noticed Luke, this is a holding cell, and we were arrested!"

"Lemme finish," Luke rubbed his hands over his face. "I only left you because... I only left you because I thought you'd leave me. I didn't want to feel that pain so I did it first. You were so amazing and I wasn't, so I thought eventually you'd leave. I loved you so much that I would be lost without you."

"Bullshit Luke. You wanted Amanda. I knew you'd stare at her ass at lunch, or you'd text her when we were watching movies. Stop making shit excuses." I demanded, leaning my head back on the wall as I closed my eyes.

My anxiety was kicking in and I really didn't want to have a panic attack in front of Luke.

"Ashton can you please just listen?!" Luke yelled. I snapped my head up narrowing my eyes at him.

"What the fuck." I whispered, motioning for him to talk as I closed my eyes again. I felt him sit down next to me and make all these sighs and small groans. "Well?!" I asked, impatient.

"Ashton I really don't know what to say: I've changed in these eleven months. I really want you." He said. I rolled my eyes under my eyelids. I then opened my eyes and again and looked Luke straight in his own blue eyes.

"Your actions will speak louder than your words," I said before standing up and walking over to the bars. I put my head in between two bars, my hands reaching beside my face so it looked like I was peaking out.

"Don't pull that crap on me Ashton. I'm speaking my heart out - which only happens once in a blue moon - and all your doing is saying some shitty phrase people throw around? I'm pouring my heart out to you and obviously I'm trying hard to get with—"

"Luke!" I yelled, turning towards him. "Look I hate you. I mean really hate you, and I could care less if you're 'pouring your heart out' to me because I know you aren't. I'm not saying I want to be with you because I actually don't want to be with you. All you're going to do is fuck me, then leave. That's all I was to you and still am to you. A sex toy. You used me. You would constantly have sex with me then leave in the middle of the night, and then at school you'd flirt with other girls - which by the way, if it was a joke I really wouldn't mind if you flirted - but the thing is, is it wasn't a joke

"I know you'd have one night stands with them, and you'd kiss them while you were supposed to be in class with me. You didn't care about me. You didn't care about my feelings. You cared about you and your horny dick. You cared about fucking some guy or girl senseless while I sat at home, craving your hugs and kisses - not sex. So don't tell me you want to be with me, because you don't."

"You two are needed for your mugshots—"

"Mugshots?!" I questioned as they opened the cell doors. "It was only graffiti!" I shouted, not caring if they could take me to an actual jail right now.

"It was still a committed crime," the two cops handcuffed Luke and I, taking us to a small door, pushing us both in. I was first to take the shots and I was honestly done. I didn't want to be here any longer, I just wanted to go home.

"Stand forward." The officer spoke through the speaker. I looked at the camera shot, giving an annoyed look as my jaw clenched.

"Stand to your left," I rolled my eyes, bitterly laughing as I sucked air through my mouth.

"Now your right." I groaned, as they took another shot.

"Now take the board on the table right there and hold it up. Stand forward while doing so." I angrily took the board, looking as my name was on the front with some long ass number.

They took the last shot and did the same with Luke.

We then headed back to the cell, and waited for further information.

--

Irdk how long this book is gonna be.