Chapter 8

By the time we got back to my house, it was already 9pm, so instead of us hanging out afterwards like I had planned, Sam just dropped me off. But not before he leaned over and gave me a (very awkward) hug. It may have been awkward , but it felt right.

When I walked into my house, my dad immediately started bombarding me with questions. "So....Maggie.... Do you have anything to tell me?" he chided. "Uhhhh nope! I'm really tired though so I'm just gonna go to bed okay?" I tried to say as unsuspiciously as possible. "Okay but we're talking in the morning".

By the time I got to my room, I could hardly hear the end of my father's sentence. I didn't want to talk about boys with my dad. Him and I are close, but I've never really had any interactions with boys like this before. I didn't want him to worry or be overprotective. So instead of divulging to him, I called up Erin, who I was still a bit angry with from the other night at my party. She didn't even stay to help clean up afterwards, which I totally did for her at her birthday party last month. She also didn't exactly sem to care that all of my other friends suddenly stopped liking me.

After a few rings, her phone went to voicemail. Its not that late, so she definitely should have answered. Is she angry with me too? Or did she join the new clique that I'm excluded from..... I'm not going to think like that. I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt, despite how she acted the other night. I set my alarm on my phone for 7am before I put it on my dresser. Only I would get up at 7 in the morning to go get my hair cut. I turned off the lamp next to my bed when my phone buzzed telling me someone texted me. I looked at the screen and saw that it was Sam!

"I know tonight didn't go as planned, but would you want to hang out with me tomorrow? I was thinking we could go down to the boardwalk and we can put that pennyboard to good use?" read the message. How could I say no to that? "Sounds like a plan! I'm free anytime after 11am!" I replied. If we are going to hang out,I might as well prep myself, so after I get my hair done, I'll get a manicure too. Another message popped up on my screen. "Cool. I'll pick you up around noon? We can get lunch too." He said. "Okay see ya then" I replied, with a smiley face emoji at the end for good measure.

A good ending to a bad night.