29- real life

"Perfect July weather, we're having. Isn't is?" Barbara Carter, Liberty's asked, as she walked into the room where Susanna and Liberty were getting ready.

"Mom?" Liberty whispered, turning to look back at the woman. "What are you doing here?"

Barbara walked to the bucket of champagne sitting in a cooler of ice, her eyes looking everywhere but her daughter as she poured herself a glass.

"You think I'd miss my only son's wedding?" Barbara smirked, moving to sit on the sofa in Susanna's dressing room. "Oh, Liberty I really hope that's not what you're wearing. You look kind of bloated." Her mom commented.

"I don't understand how you knew about our wedding." Susanna said, moving to face the woman that was crashing her wedding. "I thought Victory made it very clear he doesn't want you here."

The air on the room was tense and Liberty felt herself getting anxious like she couldn't breathe and the world was collapsing in on her. Susanna's eyes immediately went to Liberty and grabbed her arm, pulling her out of the room.

"Are you okay?" Susanna asked, cupping Liberty's face with her hands. All Liberty could muster was a small nod. Scarlett ran up to Liberty as soon as she saw her.

"What's wrong?" Scarlett asked while bouncing baby Rose up and down in her arms. "Her mom's here." Susanna answered for Liberty, who was having a hard time finding the right words to say.

"Here you take Rose." Scarlett said, handing Rose over to Liberty. "And we'll go deal with your mom." Liberty held Rose and both of her arms and smiled at her.

"I'm going to go find Chris." Liberty whispered, and Susanna and Scarlett walked back towards the dressing room.

Liberty walked to the area outside where the reception was being held after the ceremony to find Chris talking to a group of her cousins. Rose clung to Liberty's hip and smiled up at her. The sight of Liberty with a baby caught Chris's eye and he excused himself, so he could walk toward her.

As Chris made his way to Liberty, she moved to meet him half way. "You know, you don't look too bad with a baby." Chris told her as they stood face to face.

"She is pretty cute, isn't she?" Liberty asked, her focus fixed on Rose but Chris's eyes were locked onto Liberty.

"Yeah, she is."

_____________

As Liberty was walking around the reception, saying hello to all her family members. She made her way to the stage, where Victory and Susanna called her up to.

Liberty stood beside her brother and new sister-in-law as they prepared to make a toast.
"I just wanted to thank everyone for coming tonight." Susanna said, "We're so grateful that all of you could make it out here for our wedding."

"What makes it even more special, is that not only do we get to spend it with all of you guys but another special someone. Someone that'll make an appearance in another 2 months." Susanna continued her speech.

"You're pregnant?" Liberty yelled, and she turned to face Victory and Susanna as they both just smiled and nodded. "This is the greatest day of my life. I'm going to be an aunt."

Liberty motioned for them to get off of the stage as she took the microphone from Susanna. "Okay, now after that bomb was dropped I don't know how I'm supposed to follow it. But I just want to say that I love you both so much and I want nothing but a lifetime of happiness for both of you."

Liberty put down the microphone and walked off the stage as the DJ began playing the song with her brother Victory, "I Was Made For Loving You". Chris walked up to her and smiled, "May I have this dance?"

Chris took Liberty's hand and led her to the center of the dance floor. "Okay, so I'm going to talk and you're going to listen because right now it's just you and me. Which is what I've been wanting for awhile now but we keep getting interrupted, so I figured now is as good a time as any." Chris rambled on as he spun Liberty around the dance floor.

All Liberty did was nod and Chris began to speak.

"When you came into my life, I didn't know what this was. Then you called me your friend but when I look at you my heart pounds. You inspire me to be a better person every day. I love you, Liberty. I want you. I want you today, tomorrow, next week and for the rest of my life."

Chris leaned it and placed a small kiss on Liberty's lips, before she could process anything she was kissing him back and then realization hit her.

"What about Minka?" Liberty asked Chris, suddenly feeling guilty that she was here kissing someone else's boyfriend.

"I'll leave her. All I want is you, Liberty. Tonight, I'll tell her I love you and that I want you. It's always been you." Chris whispered to her as he placed his forehead against hers.

"Tonight." Liberty whispered back.

a/n: carvans 💞