T W E N T Y - E I G H T || "Wrap me up and never let go." ||

Not In That Way - Sam Smith

- E V I E -

Calum opened the car door for me and I stepped in, I would drive but I don't have my license yet.

"Thank you."
"No worries babygirl."

I shuddered at the name and flinched as he shut the door.
Ashton steps into the driver seat and starts the car up, Calum jumps in and instantly puts his hand on my ankle; Ashton starts driving.

But I lean forward and join hands with him then leaning all the way down to place a kiss on his knuckles.

My phone dings, I let go of Calum's hand, which goes back to my ankle.

May: see u @ Luke's party?
Me: of course x

"Ashton." Calum says.
"Yeah?"
"I'm in love with your sister."

Ashton stops at the red light and looks at Calum, open mouthed.

My heart begins racing and I blush profusely.
"You do?"
"Yes, I do."

Calum turns around to look at me, and I smirk.

-

Dj music played loudly through the subwoofers, making me grip onto Calum's arm tighter.

I got disgusted looks from a few people, they had eyed me up and down and then shook their head at Calum in disappointment.

"Ignore them." He said into my ear before biting it.

"What are you wearing?" A girl said while sashaying towards Calum.
But I step in front of him and said, "his shirt."

The girl rolled her eyes and walked off.
"You're too cute." Cal says.

-

"Ashton! My man!" Luke exclaims, he's very drunk.
"Calum! And oh Evie!" He continues.

"I hate to say this in front of your brother and," he burps and points to Calum, "but I've been in love with you for like three years."

My jaw drops, he liked me?

"Okay mate. Think you've have a bit too much to drink." Calum says while easily picking him up, he places him on the couch where people made out.
Ashton tells me he's going to go find Elena, a girl he's been seeing lately.

"No but Calum! I like her!"
"Sorry dude, she's mine."
"But you won the bet! It's over now! You can stop pretending!"

I literally felt my heart shatter in my chest, a bet? I was just a bet?!

"Calum what is he talking about?" I say, tears threatening at the brims of my eyes.

Calum just stares at me, and gulps.
"I'm so-"

I walk up to Calum and slap him, not regretting it and also not feeling bad about how I could hurt him.

"Stevie-"
"I was a bet?!"
"Please listen to me-"
"No, Calum! I can't believe I ever fell in love with you."
"I was gonna tell you-"

I staunch away and go straight into the kitchen, grabbing six shots at once and downing them all.

"Evie? What's wrong?" May, thank god she's here.
I fall into her hug and hold her tightly.

"can we go?" I say sniffling and crying.
"Of course, let's go."

-

"I just can't believe he would make me a bet." I sip the wine bottle and cry some more.

I'm so hurt at the fact that he was paid to fall in love with me. It was all a game.

I bet you ... To make Evie fall in love with you.

"But May he said it back, he asked me to be his girlfriend!" I sob.

She plays with my hair and leans against the bed frame.
"I'm sorry Evie."
"It's not your fault, I should've never believed the hottest guy in school loved me."

"He does, but just made a really big mistake. I could see the way he looked at you in the diner, couldn't keep his hands off you."

"I love him May." I snuggle into her.
"I know you do."
"Please just wrap me up and never let go."

May brings me closer and I cry into her shoulder.

"It's gonna be alright."

||

Naw poor Evie, Cal step up your game mate