Chapter 15

Lucas reached the cottage just in the middle of a small village which he considered home for many years. A part of him always will consider this place home.

With Julie in his arms he used his foot to knock on the old wood door. "Go away! We are not seeing anyone at the moment," a voice answered on the other side of the door from inside the house.

"Please Papa Billy I really need your help. It's quite urgent!" Lucas said softly and firmly trying to get Papa Billy's attention.

Soon the door opened to a very surprise and happy Papa Billy but then he looked down and his smile disappeared. He opened the door wider looking back and forth outside before letting them in. "Quickly, quickly now, let's take a look at her."

****
"I see," was all Papa Billy said after hearing the whole story of what happened. "Well I looked her over and she's pretty good for the most part. She has quite a lot of injuries plus the fact she used a lot of power and she's a little spent. I must say she holds a lot of power in this body of her's but I bet it comes with a lot of burdens," Papa Billy examined looking up at Lucas before getting up to walk to the kitchen.

"Papa wait," Lucas called out and saw Papa Billy take in a quick breath, "Yes son?" Lucas caught in the moment forgot his reply for a while. "Umm what exactly did you mean by it comes with burdens? How can you tell?" Lucas stumbled out not exactly the question he wanted to know but that works to.

"Lucas I have been alive for quite some time now, I know someone who is dealing with a lot of things when I see them. With a lot of power comes burdens and I bet she didn't always have the support she needed either," with a warm smile he left.

Lucas gave a sad smiled as Papa Billy left. He's the same as ever. I guess that hasn't changed. His smiled dropped when he looked back at Julie. Papa Billy specialized in ancient runes and one of the ones he became very familiar with was the healing runes.

Lucas lightly traced one of the runes with his thumb, the runes trailed all over her arms and legs where ever a bruise or burn was.

Snap Lucas if you had shown up at school earlier this would have never happened. She wouldn't be hurt maybe there wouldn't have been a fire in the first place!!!

His slipped away at the sound of her groaning, moving on her side facing Lucas. He got up from his chair and kneeled next to her. Slowly as if years had passed she opened her eyes to a worried Lucas.

"Ahh!!! Ohhh, is everything okay?" She asked him but then looked around and her faced filled with alarm. "Umm different question where am I?"

Lucas gave a soft chuckle after giving her a thoughtful look. "Do you remember what happened?" He asked sadly waiting for her reply.

"Umm not really..." then her eyes widen as everything came back to her. She sat up so quickly, forgetting all about her injuries till she felt it all over. Taking in a sharp breath Lucas helped her back into her resting position.

"Careful there, your not completely healed yet," he flashed another sad smile which she noticed. "Lucas is everything okay?"

He looked at her then with a sigh he told her everything was okay. "You were amazing Julie you saved everyone. I'm sorry Julie, I wasn't there for you when I should have been," he looked back up at her to see her cheeks reddening.

"Oh well I'm glad to know everyone's safe. And really Lucas it's not your fault I got hurt. I get into trouble and I get hurt all the time, it's nothing," she said lightly to try to make him feel better but his face expression looked more sad.

"What I mean to say is none of this is your fault and if you didn't come when you did I probably wouldn't even be here. Thank you Lucas," she smiled sincerely and warmly that he couldn't help but smile back.