2- I Miss You Already, Love

| Caleb |

Avery laughed as we danced around our livingroom. My best friend was my new bride and I couldn't be happier.

She stopped dancing as she realized that I was admiring her. She wrapped her arms around my neck as I placed my hands on her hips. I smiled down at her and kissed her. "I love you. I'll love you until pigs fly."

She giggled, "And what if one day pigs do fly?"

"Then I'll love you forever." I whispered, pressing my lips to hers again.

She smiled, "I love you too, Caleb."

▬▬▬▬▬▬

I was woken up by my phone. I guessed I dozed off. I looked to the side of me, seeing my little girl curled up, and laying her head in my lap.

I groaned as my phone rung again. I sighed and answered it.

"Hello?" I mumbled.

"Caleb, man, where are you? We have a meeting today." Alan stated.

"Shoot. Man, I forgot. I just have a lot on my mind at the moment. I can't come in today." I sighed.

"Is Juliet sick?" He asked.

"No. It's Avery. Just come to Saint Thomas Hospital. Ask for Avery Grimm. I'll explain when you guys get here." I started.

"Okay. We'll see you soon." He muttered.

"Yeah." I mumbled, hanging up.

A nurse came in, checking on Avery. Once she was done, she looked at me. She smiled, "Is that little girl yours?"

"Yeah." I nodded.

"I'm sorry about your wife, Mr. Grimm. I'm not sure if you're religious, or not, but I'll be praying for your family." She stated, playing with her cross necklace.

"I am." I smiled weakly, "Thank you. It means a lot."

"There's some food in the cafe. For you and your little girl. I heard that's it's like a breakfast casserole." She stated happily.

"I-uh, thank you, but I'm waiting for a couple of friends." I declined.

"Okay." She nodded and left.

I sighed and got up, letting Juliet sleep on the couch. And I sat in the chair next to Avery's bed. I took her hand and kissed it.

"I miss you, baby. I can't wrap my head around this. They say you might not survive, but I'm not giving up on you, on us. I want to live the rest of my life with you by my side, and with our daughter. I love you, I love you so much. It kills me to see you like this, and I don't even know if you can hear me. But if you can, please don't leave us. Please, baby. You're my love, my best friend, my other half, my soulmate. I want you to wake up, I want to be able to kiss you, to hug you. Do you remember our first month being married? When we danced in the livingroom? When I said that I'll love til pigs fly, and that I'll love you forever? That will always be one of my favorite memories, along with many others. Avery, please wake up. Please, prove everyone wrong. Please, if not for me, then for our babygirl." I whispered, tears filling my eyes.

"Hey man," Alan spoke quietly, knocking on the door.

I smiled weakly, "Hey guys.

"My, what happened?" Chad asked.

"She was in an accident. Doctors don't know if she'll wake up, or even live." I sighed.

"We're sorry." He started.