This was his fault. He left her. He was the one who left her all alone, in the building with a pathetic gun and a pocket knife. He wished he had stayed. He wished he had been there to protect her. He wished he had been by her side so HYDRA couldn't take her away from him.

Bucky balled his fists as the anger and frustration started to grow. He shook violently, and he didn't know if it was out of fear or anger. He screamed and punched the wall, effectively breaking it.

"Calm down!" Tony shouted, flying a safe distance away from the raging soldier.

Bucky didn't listen. He continued to punch and throw random furniture around the room in a fit of fury. He was screaming, screaming so hard his throat hurt, but he didn't care. Tears of frustration streamed down his face.

How could he allow something like this to happen? He had only just confessed his feelings to her, and they were happy. They were meant to last. He still hadn't done all the things he wanted to do with her yet. He hadn't taken her to his home back in the 40's, or spent Valentine's Day, Christmas and New Years with her as a couple yet. He hadn't held her enough times yet. He hadn't kissed her and showed her how much he loves her and told her that he loves her enough times yet. They needed so much more time, yet now he found himself realising it may be all too late.

He heard both Clint and Tony trying to calm him down but everything was blurry and red.

Suddenly, he felt a sharp pain on his arm. It was minimal, but it was there. The world began to spin and darken, until he felt his body go numb and his vision go black.

➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳

When Anastasia opened her eyes, she didn't know what was happening or where she was. It was unbearably cold, and she had a massive headache. She groaned as she sat up, only to be greeted with grey, concrete walls lit up by a single lightbulb dangling from the ceiling.

Everything came rushing back to her at once; the attack, HYDRA, the man she killed, her capture. She gasped quietly and stood up, but dizziness overtook her and she fell back onto the stiff bed she laid on moments ago.

She decided to conserve her energy and study the room instead. She tried her best not to allow herself to panic, but it was hard. This reminded her of 2014 all over again.

She was sitting on a single bed situated at the corner of the room. There were two metal doors, a mirror - most likely a one-way mirror - and a small vent up near the ceiling. She also spotted speakers around the room. There was a single desk and four chairs around it. She walked towards one of the doors and tried opening it, but it was locked. The other door led to a bathroom, with a reasonably clean toilet and shower, which she was grateful for.

"Doctor Volkov." Anastasia jumped at the sudden sound. It was distorted, meaning it was coming from the speaker. "We are sorry for our rudeness while we were... retrieving you." The male voice had a Russian accent to it, causing her stomach to sink.

"What do you want from me?" she inquired bravely, though her voice was  weak and shaky.

"We just want your help." was the answer she got. She held back a sigh.

"A-And if I don't want to help?" she questioned fearfully, rubbing her arms to keep herself from shaking too much.

"Don't worry, we'll make sure you cooperate, one way or another." the voice was menacing, and she could practically feel the smirk from the speaker.