twenty five

"Let the party begin!" Leah laughed as she grabbed her beer. She was already almost drunk and it was only around 6pm. I laughed at her as she went to go find the guys. They came and joined us before we got our stuff and headed to the beach party that was going on. There was a fire and a tent set up with people everywhere. "How many have you had to drink?" Cameron asked me chuckling. I raised three fingers and giggled at him. "You're such a light weight." he laughed at me. I just shrugged as we joined all of the people walking around. Cameron and Logan got a couple beers and we were all just sitting around the fire, making new friends, and drinking. "Hi, I'm Elizabeth." a girl introduced herself. "Hi, I'm Quinn, and this is my friend, Leah." I smiled. Her and her group of friends joined us and we continued to have a good time.

I was very drunk by this point and I had a feeling I would regret it in the morning but I really didn't care. A group of guys ended up coming to join us and I could feel this guys eyes on me. I tried to ignore him but everytime I'd look over he was staring at me. I eventually found my way back over to Cameron and sat on his lap. "Hi babe." he grinned. "Hi." I smiled. I leaned forward and connected our lips before smiling into the kiss and pulling away. "Quinn, lets dance!" Leah said grabbing my hand and pulling me up. We started dancing to the music and almost fell. "I had way too much to drink." I laughed. Cameron came up to me and and grabbed me. "Maybe we should go back to the house." he laughed. He didn't seem that drunk or maybe it was because I was so drunk I couldn't think straight. "Maybe." I laughed. We went to go get our stuff and I walked over to grab my flip flops and noticed the guy had come up to me.

"Hi, I'm Nick." he said. "Uh hi." I said moving around him. "Would you like a drink?" he asked me. "No thanks. I'm trying to leave." I said. "Why? Stay for a while." he said grabbing my arm. "No thank you. I need to go." I said trying to move away from him. His grip on my arm tightened as he moved to face me. "So how about you stay?" he said gripping my arm. "Let go of me!" I said as I pulled my arm. He kept squeezing my arm and got closer to me so he was almost kissing me and I started to cry. I tried to get away from him again and he wouldn't let go. "Hey! Get your hands off of her!" Cameron yelled as he came up to us. "Or what man?" the guy laughed. Cameron punched him in the nose repeatedly until Logan came and pulled him off of Nick. I started bawling as I watched them. "If you ever fucking touch my girlfriend again, I'll beat the shit out of you!" Cameron yelled. Cameron's lip was bloody and his hand was all bruised, which made me cry even harder.

Leah grabbed me and pulled me away from everyone to try and calm me down. "What happened?" Leah asked me. "He wouldn't let me go." I cried. Cameron came over to me and I ran right into his arms. "I'm sorry Quinn. I should've seen it sooner." he said rubbing my back. I couldn't stop crying thinking about what might have happened if Cameron wouldn't have come to stop it. He looked at my face and wiped my tears as he sighed. "Are you okay, babe. Please, I'm sorry." he said with tears in his eyes. "I think so. He wouldn't let go of me and he kept trying to kiss me." I said. "Let me see your arms." he said before I put them out. Sure enough on my right arm there were bruises. "I swear to god I'm going to beat the shit out of him." Cameron said as he went to go over to him. I grabbed him and cried again. "Please no." I cried. He stopped and looked at me with tears filling his eyes.

"Let's go." he said almost as a whisper. He held onto me the entire way back to the house and Leah hugged me before she went into Logan's room. "Goodnight Quinn." Logan said as he embraced me in a hug. "Goodnight." I said before walking into my room. Cameron was sitting with his back towards the door and I changed into one of his tshirts before I went over to him. "Cameron?" I asked him. "Yes, baby?" he said. "Are you okay?" I asked. "Me? I'm fine. You aren't. I should've been there Quinn." he said looking me in the eyes. "It's not your fault." I said. "I'm so sorry. I'm going to protect you Quinn." he said hugging me. It felt good to have his arms around me. "I love you." I said kissing his cheek. "I love you more." he said looking at my arm. He kissed it before kissing my forehead. We got into bed and he kissed my head as I placed it on his chest. "Thank you for getting him off of me." I said. "I'm going to protect you forever Quinn. I love you." he said as he brushed my hair out of my face. "I love you Cameron Dallas." I said. I got comfortable as I cuddled into him and finally felt safe and at home in his arms.