Chapter40: Birthday Crime pt.2

Start from the beginning

I was inch away from her, I'm nearly getting her— I was happy that she's still fine. I got the urge to take her, to save m—my daughter. . . yes, I can finally save her now, I can fi . . .na. . .lly. . .

The gunfire had stopped me from my thoughts, if there was ever sound that I had heard, it was no other than the impact of Sophia's body, fell on the floor— as a corpse— probably.

"N—No! Sophia!" I called when I sprinted toward her direction.

•• •

Gio, and I together with Joker's goons finally got outside. The whole place was now burning like a hell. The thick smoke was merging through the dark sky, covering the whole firmament.

The seconds seemed to be an hour for me, as I'm waiting for them, especially Jack— to finally come out.

Come on honey. . . come out!

I'm tapping my feet against the ground, counting every seconds and minutes, had passed by, but still, no green -haired man had appeared.

"Bullshit!" I groaned, I quickly ran toward the burning venue, ignoring Gio and Jet's called. I must go, and get my Joker. . .

As I entered the place, my eyes caught  him immediately, kneeling down, holding someth— No! It's someone, was he. . . was he crying?

"Jack!" I yelled.

When I reached him, just like him, I sat down beside him with bended knees, as my eyes grew even wider because he was holding Sophia's lifeless body, with a hole on her temple, "Oh my god! What happened?!"

"Someone killed her, someone killed her!" Jack replied with tremors and hate in his voice. Jack leaned his head toward her neck, hugging her as if it was his lost.

"Let's go Jack, we need to get out of here! We need—"

"No!" Joker abruptly turned his head toward me. My heart started racing when I saw some tears in his eyes, "I won't leave her!"

My mouth got dropped when I heard that. What's happening? Why he's affected like this?

I ran my fingers through my hair, then I pulled out a deep sigh to calm myself. After that, I held his forearm, shaking him to wake up from his delusions, "Jack let's go! Please let's go!"

"I won't leave my daughter Hayley! Mira needs her daddy and that is me! I need to protect her!"

I covered my palm on my mouth as I felt the tears already fell on my cheek.

"Shh, don't worry sweet heart, daddy's here! I won't leave you. . ." Jack said when he started swinging her as if he was trying to get her sleep.

Jack was lost in his mind, again. No!

"Jack!" I called again when I cupped his face, forcing him to look at me, "Listen to me . . . honey, she's not Mira, she's not your daughter, she's Sophia! Remember?!"

Joker chuckled bitterly as if I'm idiot who's talking nonsense, "No! You're wrong."

"Look at me straight! Please Jack let's go! We need to go! Or else we're gonna die here!"

"I said No! She needs m—"

"And I need you too!"

His eyes got widened in shocked. Jack narrowed his eyes, as if he was observing every details of my emotions. Then he blinked rapidly, and slowly looked down at Sohpia, "O—Okay, but I'm gonna take her with us, please let's take my daughter."

I nodded in concur then we both stood up. Jack was holding Sophia in his arms. We both hard in breathing but we need to reach the doorway. The venue was destroyed now, and in any moment, everything in here will be collapsed.

We reached, the outside and his men immediately appeared in our front.

"Let's get in hurry, I'm sure they will accuse us!" Jet said with worries in his tone, "Gio was waiting inside he needs first aid."

I nodded to him then Joker was just looking at Sophia, until he slowly laid him on the ground.

"J—Jack?!" I called.

But he just ignored, passing over me. Jack was gazing to nowhere as his eyes were widened and swollen because of the tears.

"Go!" I said to Jet. His henchmen got on in their van, while me and Joker got on his lambo. Jack didn't sit on the driver's seat, I did because I knew that he couldn't drive in that situation, and also his mind was now temporary stopped.

As we were driving, I tilted my head and saw Joker still gawking, due to his whiteness, you might think that he's a statue. He wasn't even blinking

I felt sorry for him. . . awhile ago, he was happy but now, he's hurt. If I could take the pain he was feeling right now, I would take that away. I didn't know what to say, I just extended my hand to reach his hand, but it seemed like, he didn't even feel the warmness of my palm— he wasn't responding.

"My fault." The only words that had spoken by him.

•• •

A/n: (edited and rewritten) Hi angels! So this is our chapter 40. Feel free to vote if you like it, and thanks for reading! You're all awesome