4...CREAM SCONES

Ingredients

# 2 cups of flour

# 1 teaspoon salt

# 4 teaspoons baking powder

# 2 tablespoons sugar

#5 tablespoons cold butter

# 3 eggs

# ¾ cup heavy cream

# 1/3 cup raisins

#1 tablespoon water

Method

#preheat the oven to 450 degrees

# mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl, reserving 1 tablespoon of the sugar. Cut the butter into bits and pick up a bit of the dry ingredients, rub them with the butter between your fingers, and drop them again. All the butter should be thoroughly blended before you move to the next step.

# beat 2 of the eggs with the cream, with a few swift strokes; combine them with the dry ingredients. Use only a few strokes more to stir in the currants.

# turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and kneads it ten times, but no more. If it is very sticky, add a little flour, but very little; don't worry if the dough sticks to your hands a bit.

# press the dough into a ¾ inch thick rectangle and cut into 2-inch rounds with a biscuit cutter or a glass. Place the rounds on an ungreased baking sheet. Gently reshape the leftover dough and cut again.

# beat the remaining egg with 1 tablespoon of water, and brushes this mixture on top of each scone. Sprinkle each with a little of the remaining sugar.

# Bake 7 to 9 minutes, or until are a beautiful golden brown. These scones keep better than biscuits, but its to consume them the same day they are made.

# makes 10 to 14 scones

# 20 minutes

😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋