Chapter Seven: Growing Pains and Dumb Americans by: Clint Barton

One Month Later

     Clint eyes cracked open when he heard Steve groan. "Stevie? What's wrong?" Clint asked tiredly, sitting up on his elbow. "Sorry.. My hips and back are killing me." Steve groaned and leaned back onto Clint. Clint placed his hands on Steve's sides and rubbed them, hushing Steve softly. "I can go ask Bruce for something. I'm sure he's awake." "I'd like that." Steve mumbled and kissed Clint's chin. Clint gave Steve one last kiss and walked out of their room. "Jarvis? Is Bruce awake?" "He is in his lab sir. Shall I tell him you're coming?" Jarvis asked as Clint entered the elevator. "After what happened last time. Let him know." Clint said remember one of Tony and Bruce's make out sessions. He arrived at Bruce's lab and walked in. Bruce looked up at him and smiled. "Hey Clint." "Hey. I hope this isn't a problem, but I need a favor." Bruce placed his pen down, giving Clint his full attention. "So, Steve has been getting pain in his lower back and hips. Care to explain?" Bruce tapped his chin, then looked at Clint. "That's because Steve's body is male. The serum wasn't made for that reason, but his body is adjusting. Since this is your guy's first kid, his body is learning. It'll soon pass and he'll be fine. I can try and make some medication for him to sustain the pain if you'd like." Bruce offered and Clint nodded. "That would be appreciated. Also.. How is Cap going to have this baby?" Bruce blushed and tapped his fingers on the table. "It depends how far his body adapts.. We won't know until it's closer to the due date." Bruce said and flushed an embarrassed color. "Ok.. Thanks Bruce. When will the pain killers be done?" "Maybe in a few days. I'll have to make something to keep up with his metabolism." Bruce said as Clint headed for the door. "Night Bruce." "Good night Clint." Bruce called back.
     Clint made his way back to bed, and crawled into next to Steve. "How'd it go?" Steve asked and looked at Clint. "He's going to figure out how to make pain killers for super soldiers." Clint said and Steve smiled sleepily at him. "We'll have to make it up to him if he does." "Hmm... Maybe one of your pies. No, I want your pies.. He'll just have to stick with cookies." Clint mumbled into Steve's shoulder, and Steve chuckled. "Cookies it is." Steve said back and was soon asleep in Clint's arms. Clint smiled and nuzzled his face into Steve's shoulder, falling asleep again.
     "Clint.." A voice said and poked his face. Clint scrunched his nose and let out a small breath of air, continuing to sleep. "Clint!" "Hmm.. Wha?" "It morning. And we're out of ice cream. Can you run to the store and get some?" Steve asked, fully dressed and tiny baby bump under his tight shirt. "Can it wait?" Clint asked. He was really tired. "Please???" Steve pleaded and looked at him with his baby blues. He batted his eyes, and Clint was doomed. "Give me a bit.. I need to get ready." Clint yawned and sat up. Steve gave him and thankful kiss, and walked out of the room. Clint smiled a big dopey smile and started to get stuff before a shower. Once he was showered he got dressed and kissed Steve goodbye, the headed off.
     "Hey Annabelle." Clint said into his phone as he walked into the store. "Clint?" "I'm out at the store and want to know if you need me to pick something up for you again?" Clint asked and heard Zane giggling in the back. "That's so kind of you Clint. How did I ever get friends like you and Steve? Ok. A small packet of diapers would be nice. How's Steve?" Annabelle asked and Clint smiled. He could still remember Annabelle's reaction to finding out Steve was pregnant.

      "You're pregnant?!" Annabelle asked and Steve nodded. "I know it's not normal but something happened to us on a mission." "That's amazing! I'm amazed but happy for you! Tell me if you need anything Steve." Annabelle said and kissed his forehead. Steve had smiled and Clint was grateful for Annabelle.

     Clint grabbed the diapers and a tub of ice cream, and walked to the check out. "Rough morning?" The cashier asked and Clint smiled tiredly. "A bit. But I don't mind." "Well that's the perks of being a parent." The cashier laughed. "Oh, soon to be parent. I'm just grabbing some diapers for a friend." "Oh! Well congrats! Your wife must be beautiful." Clint blushed and smiled. "Yep." Clint didn't feel like correcting the man at the register. He paid it the items and drove over to Annabelle's apartment. He knocked on the door and Tyler opened it. "Clint!" "Hey Ty, your mom here?" "Mommy! Clint's here!" Tyler said and Annabelle walked into the view. "Oh you are a saint Clint! Thank you!" "Not a problem. I better get back to Steve." Clint said and motioned to the ice cream. Annabelle laughed and waved goodbye to him, and Clint walked off. He arrived at the Tower and went to his and Steve's floor. Steve looked at him and his face lit up. "Ice cream! Clint you're to good to me!" Steve said and kissed him. Clint smiled into the kiss, and they pulled back. "Here you go." "Thank you Clint. Why don't you head back to bed and catch a few more hours of sleep. I'll wake you up by noon." Steve said and kissed Clint's nose.
       A few hours later, Clint was woken up by a scream. He sat up and reached for his hearing aid, then ran out of the room with a knife in hand. "Steve!" Clint yelled and ran into the living room. Steve was standing in the middle of the living room, a hand covering his mouth and the other protectively on his stomach. The remote was on the floor, and Steve had tears in his eyes. "Steve?" Clint asked and the follows his eyes. The news was on.
     "Captain America? Gay? That's some news." The interviewer said and some from Tony's party nodded. "I saw him with my own eyes. He kissed and danced with one of his team members. They're even boyfriends." Clint remembered seeing that lady in the crowd that night. "Really?" "Yeah. He also seemed... A big rounder than normal." "What? Do you think Captain America is putting on some extra weight?" The interviewer asked and the girl nodded. She flipped her hair back and bit and placed her hands in her lap. She was so fucking fake. "I do. And I don't think that our national icon should be represented like this. In my opinion, it's disgusting. My parents raised me to not be like them. I'm sure most people would agree." She said with a fake sad smile. "Jarvis turn this shit off!" Clint yelled and the TV snapped off. "I knew this would happen.." Steve whispered and hid his face. "Steve, Steve babe look at me." Clint said and grabbed Steve's face. "Everyone gets hate. But those morons out there don't control our lives. This is who you are and this is who I am. I care about you and our kid more then anything. Ignore them." Clint said and Steve tried to keep down a sob.
     Later, the news spread faster then the plague. Bucky and Clint were keeping Steve calm, who was an emotional wreck. Tony was cursing on the phone, and Pepper fired the lady that worked for them. Natasha looked ready to kill and Thor seemed like a lost puppy. "I do not understand.. Midgard should be happy that our good captain is with another." Thor said and Bruce sighed. "Thor, things aren't as easy here as they may be for you. The rule for years had always been one girl, and one boy. Most people hate the idea of same sex couples." Sam tried to explain. "And it's utter bullshit!" Tony yelled and went back to his phone. "Oh god Buck people think I'm disgusting! I bet they're right!" Steve cried and Bucky pulled him into a tight hug. "Shh... It's ok Steve. They're a bunch of idiots." Bucky whispered and tried to sooth Steve. "I haven't seen this much chaos since Tony and I started dating." Bruce mumbled and Steve looked up at him. "You went through this?" "Yeah. It's not fun and it'll hurt. But Steve, all I can tell you is things will get better. People will find better things to do with their lives." Bruce said and kindly smiled. Steve smiled for a bit, then frowned again. "They also called me fat! How do I explain that?!" Natasha grabbed Steve's face and made him look at her. "You are not fat. You are carrying yours and Clint's baby. You are carrying a human life, and damn them all to hell if they can't see it. And if they don't care, you don't need them. You'll have us, and we're your family." Natasha said sternly and smiled at him. Steve smiled at her and wiped his tears. "You're right Natasha... Thank you for that." "Damn right I am. Now, just so you know I'm going to spoil your baby rotten." Bucky smirked and sat down on the floor next to Natasha. "We'll spoil the baby together. I protected Steve for years and this is the perfect reward. I'm gonna be an uncle!" Tony walked over and pushed past Natasha and Bucky, hugging around Steve's middle. "Are you kidding? I'm gonna be the favorite Uncle! I'm gonna by this baby a whole damn island if it'll make it happy!" "Show off." Bucky mumbled and Clint snickered. Steve smiled at them and leaned onto Clint. "I shall teach them the ways of a warrior! If it tis alright with you of course." Thor said sheepishly and sat down next to the couple. "I'll help with teaching. It could help if you want." Bruce said and flushed a bit. "And I'll teach them to be normal, cause you all are nuts." Sam said and Steve laughed a bit. "I just hope that the baby is healthy and happy." Steve said and placed his hands on his small baby bump. Pepper got off her phone and walked over to Tony. "They want a press conference. Steve and Clint don't have to go if they don't want to." Pepper said kindly to the couple. "Stress is bad for the baby. Let us handle this." Bruce said and Tony nodded. "You all are amazing. How did I get such great friends?" Steve asked and smiled at all of them. "Also, you're going to head into the the second trimester soon Steve. On that day we should cheek on the babies." "When will we be able to tell the gender?" Clint asked Bruce curious. "Around the 5th month. 20th week." Bruce answered and took off his glasses to clean them. They all soon went off on their own, leaving Clint and Steve on the couch of their living room. Clint had his hands on Steve's stomach, and Steve was enjoying the attention. "Hey Clint?" "Hm?" Clint asked and looked down at his blonde lover. Steve smiled at him sweetly. "Can you go get some Ice cream? Steal it from Tony's floor if you have to." Clint groaned inward. Damn ice cream.

Author's Note: Nahh... I love the Avengers. Also, Clint and Ice cream are enemies. Damn delicious treat! Damn you! XD anyways the next chapter is eventful and very fluff filled. Thanks for reading! (Also I am very normal)

ISailEveryShip