The Party Continues

Chapter 18

                Oliver held me round the waist as he opened the door to the room we were in. He escorted me out of the room and down a corridor towards the dinner hall. He held me tightly and I loved the feeling of the sparks rippling through my body. This was the most amazing feel ever. We walked in silence because we were just content with how we were feeling. No words needed to be said to describe how we felt right now.

                We reached the huge doors into the dining hall and they flew open. We walked into the room to the three huge long tables running vertically down the room followed by a horizontal table at the top which seated 6. Everyone turned to look at us once again and smiled before bowing their heads as we walked by.

                We reached the main table. Oliver pulled out my seat and helped me sit down like a pure gentleman. I was sat to his right with my parents sat next to me with Oliver’s parents sat next to him. Oliver remained standing to which he began to talk.

                “I would like to thank you all for coming today. It has been a wonderful day and I was happy in being able to share this wonderful day with you all. I am proud to call this wonderful girl beside me as my mate and it has been even better to have her hand in marriage. So I would like to propose a toast to my beautiful wife, Elouise Carter,” Oliver spoke.

                Everyone raised their glasses before taking a sip. I blushed slightly at getting the attention but then something occurred to me. He used my new name. My new name. I was no longer Elouise Heart. I was Elouise Carter.

                Elouise Carter. Elouise Carter… Elouise Carter.

                I thought it through in my mind imagining saying it. Oliver and Elouis Carter. I liked that. I like the sound of that a lot.

                I like the sound of that too, Elouise Carter.

                I blushed as Oliver mind-linked me. He sat down then taking a hold of my hand. It was my turn to make a little speech before the meal would begin. I stood up then conscious of the fact that everyone was now looking at me. They would judge me on this. The nerves slowly took over my body.

                “I would also like to thank everybody that came today. It has been a brilliant day for me and I was happy to share it with you all. It has been nice to see new faces and see new people and the support in which you have given to me. I am looking forward to becoming your Queen in a weeks-time. I would like to thank Oliver. He has helped so much this week in settling into my new life and some unexpected surprises along the way. So without further ado I would like to raise a glass to Oliver and then the meal may begin,” I spoke, with a clear voice.

                Everyone raised their glasses once again before the food was served and people began chatting to one another. I sat back down and Oliver took hold of my hand.

                “Just like a true Queen,” He smiled.