Everything Is Expanding

Start from the beginning

"Why didn't you just buy a bigger house?" Kaleb frowned at me, I rolled my eyes, I don't know how many times I have told him this already.

"Because I don't want to move, and the kids are settled here, it was easier and cheaper this way." I explained again, I swear he doesn't listen to a word I say.

"You know, you still have heaps more room for a pool" Adam said as he came from around where our outdoor area is. 

"I know, so stop suggesting it." I chuckled, and he pouted, although, that thought has crossed my mind for a few years now, I might consider it when the kids are older.

"You're no fun." he laughed, everyone was mostly shocked when Sums and I told them we were having twins again, and the boys here have put their bets on the sexes again. Not one of them have said there would be a girl, I hope they're wrong, and we do get our little princess.

By around lunchtime, Scott had the ground all cleared and Nate and I started to mark off the area. The way the games room will turn out, is that it will have french doors that go into the outdoor area, making it more enclosed and it will open into the family room, to make an even bigger area. The only trouble is keeping the boys from playing near here for a while, which is gonna be hard.

"Ah, Matt, you have a visitor." Nate said and pointed over my shoulder, we had just finished, so Kaleb started excavating for the foundation. I turned around to see who he was looking at and was surprised to see him standing in my yard.

"Hey Matt, can I have a word." Brett said nervously as Adam and Nate moved closer to me, they probably think there's goona be a fight, there would be if Jack was here. Now, we haven't seen this guy in about three years. '

Flashback 24th September 2016

Tonight we have headed to a club, to celebrate Charlotte's twenty first birthday, which is actually tomorrow. Brax and Jace are staying with my parents tonight, as Jack and Lou will be attending this party as well. I really didn't want to go, but was dragged along by my sexy wife.

I don't know why we had to go out for it, considering Charlotte had not long ago given birth to her third child, a son in which she called Wolfe. Poor kid, has to live with the name Wolfe West for the rest of his life. Her husband Brett, Jack's "favourite" son in law, who is now forty six, is out of town doing business, and has been for the last week. I'm not even sure he knows that Charlotte has planned this.

"Babe, you wanna drink?" Sums asked as we made our way through the pack bar.

"Nah, I'm staying sober." I said, I'm not drinking when I can feel something brewing in the air. 

"Come on, just one, we hardly go out anymore." she whined as she leaned up against the bar. Silly girl, there's a reason for that, and they are called Braxton and Jace.

"Fine, only one." I caved after she starting pouting, and she look excited about going out, so I can't not give her this chance to let hair down. She ordered me a beer and herself a cocktail, that looked really disgusting, and we went in search of everyone that was meant to be here. We found Shane and Rach, they were talking to Sums dad, Jack. 

"Where's the birthday girl?" Sums asked as she looked around, but then her eyes stopped to the corner and they narrowed. She then kindly elbowed me in the ribs and pulled me closer to her.

"Matty, is that who I think it is?" she whispered in my ear, my eyes following where hers still held their stare. When I recognized who it was, both Sums and I turned to each and then tried to act normal.