Chapter 1

She strode up the stone pathway, her heels clicking against the hard floor. Her skirt suit showing her curves clearly. Her large badge for her charity on the lapel that said: “Check for dolphin in your tins!” She walked up the steps and knocked on the door. She waited and tapped her pen against the clipboard. The lock clicked and the door opened. A young man around twenty-three years old was stood there. He was topless and clearly worked out a lot, his skin was tanned and his black hair was very messy. He leaned his six foot frame against the door frame and crossed his arms.

                “What do you want?”

                “Hi. Have you thought about checking your tuna cans to make sure they are dolphin friendly?”

                “No, why would I do that?” She sighed.

                “Dolphins are going extinct and they need to be conserved.” He shrugged and stood up straight.

                “I’ll think about it.” He slammed the door shut, leaving her on her own by the front door. She sighed and walked off, cursing under her breath and moving onto the next house. Back in the house he was sat on his couch watching ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ on Blu-ray. He got comfy and went back to eating his popcorn as Captain Jack Sparrow ran aimlessly around the screen. He was waiting for his girlfriend to turn up; she was coming over to spend the night. He was planning to ask if she wanted to have sex. They’d been dating for over four months and they’d been taking it slow. He loved her to pieces and wanted to make her happy no matter what. He yawned and got up, walking upstairs to get a shower and get dressed. He got a shower and there was a knock on the door. He quickly got dressed and ran downstairs. He opened the door quickly and she was stood there.

                “Hi Ross.” She was a small girl around five feet tall. With brown, curly hair that rested above her bum. She was curvy and chubby. Her baggy jumper was over her tank top; her knee length skirt was loose around her legs. She had her backpack slung over her back.

                “Hey Tiffany.”

                “Can I come in?” She smiled as her big brown eyes twinkled.

                “Yeah, come on. Let me take your bag.” He holds out his hand for the bag, she hands it over and he puts it by the stairs. She walks up behind him and wraps her arms around his waist. “Hey, that’s my job.” He turned to her and wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her up to him so he could kiss her. She giggled and wrapped her arms around his neck. He moved into the lounge with her and they lay on the cough together, he was over her and kissing her neck. She smiled and pulled him up so they were face to face. They moved closer to each other and were just a few millimetres from each other when there was a knock on the door. She looked down and smiled. “Maybe later?”

                “I’m getting that kiss.” She smiled as she sat up on the sofa. There was a louder knock on the door and Ross groaned.

                “I’m coming! For god’s sake!” He walked to the door and opened it. “What?!” There were two police officers stood there, a male and female stood there. “Oh… Sorry officers. I didn’t mean to shout.” They nodded at him and took of their hats in perfect sync.

                “Are you Ross Reynholm?” He nodded. “Your parents are deceased and you are the oldest of your siblings, correct?” He nodded again, getting a little worried.

                “Look whatever it is, I haven’t done it.”

                “It’s nothing like that, sir.” The female police officer said.