Crazy=Genius

"Hey Brendon, heads up!" I said, throwing a clean rag across the counter at him. Brendon was wiping down tables at the local cafe we worked at and I... I was staring right at him. I couldn't help it... he was my best friend but I liked him... A LOT. We had been best friends since we were both wearing diapers and that was about 20 years ago. 

"Either you're staring at my ass or you're daydreaming again so which one is it? If it's my ass, I know I have a nice one." he smirked, rubbing his butt against the side of my leg. I giggled, shoving him away and began to watch two elderly ladies walk up to me.

"Hi! Welcome to Tropical Smoothie! My name is Megan and how may I help you?" I greeted them smiling. They smiled back glancing up at the menu behind me and said, " I'll have the Totally Turkey wrap with a small water hun. Mary what do you want?" Mary looked at me and ordered the same. After giving them back their change, I fixed their drinks, handing it to them and proceeded to wipe down the counter. 

After Brendon checked a customer out, he handed the order to the cook all while asking me what I had planned for tonight. "I was going to go home and study for my psychol..." 

"I thought you already took Psychology." His face was full of confusion and I had forgotten to tell him that I failed the class last semester.

"About that.." I started, "I failed it last semester and I have to take it again." I shrugged knowing I was about to be lectured.

"You didn't study for those tests did you?" He knew me so well it was ridiculous. I nodded at his question and he huffed. I knew he wasn't mad at me just disappointed. We both knew that graduating college was a dream of mine because I wouldn't stop talking about it our whole Senior year of high school. I had enrolled to be a Forensic Biologist and I couldn't wait to have the title. Watching too many Criminal Minds and NCIS episodes got to me as a kid. What could I say? Brendon on the other hand didn't have plans at all of going to college. All his life he has dreamed of being a rockstar and that's what landed him the job here at Tropical Smoothie. He is using his paychecks to pay for renting a studio for his band. They're pretty good from what I've heard but most of the time they practice, I'm either working or studying. It's very rare that the both of us are working at the same time and today was one of those exceptions. 

The day dragged on and finally at 10:00 pm I, along with Brendon, clocked out and headed out of the store to our cars. "Well, I'll see you tomorrow Megan!" He called out to me as he opened his car door. I waved back at him and closed mine, sitting there for a few minutes before cranking up the car and driving home. 

My mind was racing wondering why he was acting more and more distant from me lately. Normally we would joke around at work and get in trouble by our boss a few times out of the day but this past week was completely different. He was different. Don't get me wrong, it was the same Brendon I always knew but something about him screamed out at me. 

After getting home, which was the tiny apartment I rent just outside of school campus, I set my bag and keys down on the table next to the door and headed for my bedroom. I changed out of my work uniform and into some comfortable pajamas. I didn't bother to turn on the TV like I always do. Instead I pulled the sheets back and slipped in bed. I laid there for an hour before drifting off to sleep.

***********************************************************************************************

Sorry guys for the kind of short chapter... I wanted everyone's opinion before I keep going. I'm new at writing stories like this so I wanted to know what you guys would like to see! So comments would be amazing. Thank you guys for reading and until next time! :)