"I can see her lipstick on you, Mikaeel." She whispered, brushing her lips against his once again, running her tongue softly against his bottom lip. She leaned back, wiping her lips with her sleeve. "I can still taste it on you." She said quietly. "When you rub it off with your hands, it doesn't actually disappear." She picked up his right hand, examining the side of his wrist before she picked it up to show him the light purple smudge that he had forgotten to wipe off.

"It's not what you think."

"And what do I think?" Her lips twisted sardonically as she waited for his reply.

"You know what you're thinking."

"No. I don't" She shrugged. "Why don't you tell me what I would possibly think when I smell another woman's perfume on you."

"She came onto me. Not the other way around."

"Oh?" She nodded, licking her lips once again. "So where did this happen then?"

It wasn't what she said that pissed him off. It was the way she looked at him as she said it. She didn't glare at him, or scowl or glower at him. She looked at him as if he were gum stuck beneath her shoelace that she didn't particularly feel like removing.

"Why would I bother when I know you won't believe me?" He crossed his arms, bearing down on her.

"Why wouldn't I believe you?"

"Stop being impossible and let me go." He closed his eyes, rubbing his hand over his face.

Why couldn't she just be sleeping? It would have made his night so much fucking easier if she could just be sleeping.

"I'm being impossible?" She asked, her body heating up as she became more and more annoyed at his responses. "What do you mean by that?"

"You're harping on about bullshit that didn't happen."

Why was he such an asshole?

"Oh my God..." She whispered to herself. "You're actually not messing around with me. You just expect me to let you go?"

"You used to do it in the past Hoori; this isn't any different."

Her heart actually clenched at his response. "Because I couldn't care less before Mikaeel." Her voice began to rise. "But now..."

"Now what?" He didn't know why he couldn't answer her questions rationally but he knew he struck a nerve as soon as those words left his mouth.

"Now..." She looked up at him breathing deeply as if it could calm her heart.

Didn't he feel the same way? She knew he felt the same way? She wasn't imagining it? She never imagined the flirting and the teasing and the smiles that lit up his face when he thought she wasn't looking. She wasn't imagining it?

Right?

"Now it hurts Mikaeel. It's hurting me." She confessed.

"It shouldn't because nothing happened." He said for the second time.

"I can't believe you. I want to but I can't." She shook her head taking a step back.

"That's just not my problem." He shrugged it off. He knew he was being defensive but if she was happy to dismiss his innocence then he couldn't give a flying fuck about it.

"What?" She rubbed her hand over her mouth trying desperately to stuff her words back inside. "Shit..." She whispered to herself.

"What now?"

She shook her head, smiling though she had nothing to smile about. "Why am I even bothering?" She gripped her forehead in her palm as if it would help her to make sense of things. "You left me half naked beneath you to find another girl so why the hell is this even surprising me?"