Revelations

The ride to Royal Albert Hall was taking longer than expected. It was technically only 20 minutes away, but the waves of traffic all fighting to get to the same place made the streets hell to maneuver through. Sherlock blew out of huff of frustration. John and Mary seemed content to just sit back and wait patiently, although John had continued to gush his thanks for this evening. Mary only nodded in agreement but said nothing. The cabbie, for his part, just sat there and watched the meter charges steadily climb.

His mind was awhirl with what was going to happen tonight. Out of the corner of his eyes, he couldn't help to appreciate seeing John in his tuxedo. Instead of the standard black, John was in a tuxedo that was a dark midnight blue that seemed to shine under the streetlights as they passed. The lapels were cut in a slightly lighter blue satin, with the bowtie and peeking handkerchief matching exactly. The cut was exquisite, hugging John's broad shoulders lovingly. He couldn't help the thought flittering across his mind that he couldn't wait to get out of this bloody cab because if he looked this good right now, he could only imagine how that tuxedo sculpted itself around his bum, no doubt made firm by all the running they did. He quickly shook that thought out of his head. He had other things, more important things, to focus on at the moment. If everything went well, he could revisit this line of thinking later on when he would have both the time and permission to explore it further. A small shiver ran down his spine in anticipation, until Sherlock forced himself to FOCUS!

Once they were within a few blocks, Sherlock decided to just jump out the cab and walk the rest of the way. John and Mary just stared at him in surprise. After the shock wore off, they both made to scoot out of the cab after Sherlock, but he put a hand up to stop them.

"No, you stay here. I'm just going to make sure things are in order. Our seats, and all that." he said, hoping he sounded convincing enough. He took out his billfold and handed the cabbie a handful.

John, knowing Sherlock the way he did, didn't believe him for one second. But before he could say anything about it, Mary just curled her arm around John's and pulled him back deeper into the cab. Sherlock forced a smile at the couple, when every instinct inside of him wanted to rip her hands off of John and throw her in front of a bus.

But he knew, as John would say, that was a 'bit not good.'

Slamming the cab door shut he spun around and headed towards the concert hall. He waited until he was out of sight of the cab before pulling his mobile out of his pocket. He was surprised to see a text waiting for him.

Is everything ready to your satisfaction, dear brother? – MH

Sherlock rolled his eyes. But Mycroft had helped him so he decided to humor him.

I'm about to get my final conformations on the matter. – SH

After a moment, he decided to bait him a bit for sport.

Are you sure you don't want to attend? I hear that some of the greatest bakers in London are showing off their prowess in the kitchen for the after party. And I know how much you adore cake. – SH

The response was almost immediate, and he could almost hear the condescending tone in the message.

I shan't be able to attend, but not to worry. I have access to all the CCTV feeds surrounding the area. My absence will not cause me to miss your triumph.... or your failure. – MH

Sherlock gritted his teeth and almost smashed his phone with his bare hands. Only his brother could rile him up with only a few words. No matter. He would deal with the insufferable bastard later. He pocketed his mobile once again, and headed forward.