He tried to comfort you, bringing you closer, "____, Hey. It's ok. There gone. I'm here."

The realization of safety finally hit you, and you wiped away a stray tear. Link moved down to your leg, "It's not bad. Can you go on?"

Managing a smile, you got to your feet with ease, just a little shaky from the experience, "It stings a bit, but I'll be fine." One thing you liked about Link was the way he treated you. He never babied you, but was still tough enough to keep it challenging.

To your surprise getting to the top of the cistern was a piece of cake compared to the beginning. You had plenty of time to calm your mind, before you made you way into a large domed room with a wreckage of an old statue, before the battle you anticipated. Whatever was in here wasn't going to make it easy to get that flame. Suddenly, the door locked tight behind you and a familiar laugh echoed throughout the room. Stringing an arrow to your bow, you aimed straight for his heart, but couldn't bring yourself to release the string.

Ghirahim chuckled as he sat upon the golden ruins, "You can't do it can you? It's not in your blood."

You kept your stance, desperately wanting to defy him, but Faron's words held you back, "...always view others more valuable than yourself..." "yeah, but what about demon lords?" You argued with yourself, but a hint of gold in your heart held your arrow.

Link braced his sword, "Here for revenge Demon Lord?"

Ghirahim ran his fingers through his hair, grinning, "You certainly are persistent." He looked over at you, "So, ____. Did you think at all about my offer?"

Lowering your bow you sneered, "There wasn't anything to think about."

Link turned to you, "What's he talking about?"

You were about to answer him, but Ghirahim interrupted, "Don't you know? ___ and I have a bit of a special connection ever since we met." He chuckled, "I'll never forget the way you taste." His long tongue licked his lips, "You're quite the good kisser when you want to be."

Link glared at you, "What?!"

You suddenly realized what Ghirahim was trying to do. Split you up, "No, Link. He's twisting the truth. He forced it on me."

"But something happened..." Link's blue eyes were filled with a terrible hurt.

You desperately wanted to tell him the truth about what happened, but couldn't. Ghirahim's grin widened, "So, I struck a nerve. No matter how much fun this is, your incessant buzzing around my ear as I try to find clues to revive the Demon King, is well...making me very disagreeable." He stared straight into your soul, "Expect a visit soon so we can finished our little talk. That's if you live that long." He smiled, snapping his fingers and disappeared.

You turned to face Link, "Link, I..."

"Shh!! Listen..." He put a finger to his lips.

Straining your ears, you heard a faint thumping sound, like a heart beat. Suddenly the golden ruins banded together to form a 6 armed robotic monster. Putting away you bow and drawing your sword, you positioned yourself for battle. If you lived through this, you hoped your relationship with Link wasn't shattered.

Link

My mind is just too confused to even ponder the things Ghirahim revealed to me... I didn't even have enough time to figure out the truth before this monster appeared! Ugh! I should've known he'd play a dirty trick like this! What if he's right? What if ___ really.... NO! I can't bear it! Agh! I have to clear my mind if I want to survive this next battle! But I can't!!!!

Pipit

Yup... It didn't last long... I knew it wouldn't, but Karane was just too controlling. I broke off the relationship last night. It made me feel kinda bad when she went ranting and crying out of my house back to the academy. I didn't mean to hurt her, she's just not the one for me! *sigh* Well at least I can try to focus in on ___ now. Like where she and Link have been consistently disappearing to... AND with Groose! They've been gone a long time now, and I'm really starting to worry, but the Headmaster seems really calm about the whole thing. I wonder why?

Groose

Whew! Man, I'm exhausted! You don't even realize how long it takes to find enough lumber to circle the pit! And I haven't even stripped it, cleaned it or started construction yet! This is turning out to be a bigger project than I thought, but I really think this is the reason I'm down here. To guard things when the heroes can't. Grannie is a great old gal too! She made me a place in the back of the temple where I can sleep and regroup for the next day. It's not quite home yet, but for now it'll do. I just can't wait to show ___ what I've created!

Ghirahim

*evil grin while watching the beginning of the fight* Oh it's perfect! The seed of doubt had been planted and, Link is certainly degrading! The pain and the confusion that is ravaging his mind is clearly written in his eyes. It's almost overwhelming him to the point where he cannot keep up in battle! Even if Koloktos doesn't kill him today, he will have to live with the thoughts I've placed in his head. It pains me a bit to break ___ in such a harsh way, but it must be done if any plan of resurrecting my master is to be executed.