thirteen.

Where did the party go- Fall out boy

"Wick, This isn't the time to be joking." Avery said. The guy had been annoying the ass out of the girl ever since she started working. It was like a constant pain in the back of your neck.

"Why not? Its not like you're dying, ARE YOU DYING?" He asked a bit too loudly making the people behind them to stare. It was a bad desition to have their conversation in the mess hall.

"What? No, Shut up. I need you to create a distraction. I need to steal something."

"What are you stealing?"

"I can't say. Please Wick. I'm literally begging you, I can't do this alone and I'm trusting you."

"You owe me Donavon." He finalized and Avery hugged him. "What are you going to steal? My only condition."

"A gun. I know what your going to say, I'm either crazy or extremely suicidal but I need this. Promise you won't tell anyone."

"Promise." Wick confirmed. Avery didn't know or care about what Wick was about to do, she only knew she needed to get that gun. "HEY EVERYONE. I HEARD NIGEL IS SELLING EXTRA MOONSINE ON LEVEL 5."

Everyone scrambled out of the room and Avery eyed a guard on their way out. She ran through the crowd, quickly grabbed the gun and faded back in before he could see her. "Got it. I can't thank you enough."

"Why do you need it? Avery you're 15, I shouldn't be letting you with a gun alone." Wick stated as she tucked it into her pant lining. "You're not getting arrested or dying because of me."

"Wick, I can look after myself. And if I get arrested it'll be because of me, not you. Don't feel guilty." Avery replied while awkwardly patting him.

"Why do you need it?"

"If I tell you will you shut your mouth." Wick nodded. "I made a deal with Nigel. If I get her a gun, then she'll get me something that I need. Wick please you can't tell Anyone."

"What do you need? I'll get it for you."

"Wick, No. I can't. Please, dude. Just let me do this. Stop trying to be my brother." Avery rolled her eyes as Wick eyed her. She needed medicine for Octavia, but she couldn't tell him that.

"You're lying to me."

"Wick you went from 'Are you dying' to 'I don't want you to die' very quickly. Wick please." He considered it but he couldn't stop her so he nodded slowly. "Thank you so much. I owe you." Avery whispered as the people started going back into mess hall. She kissed his cheek and ran off to Nigel.

***

Avery and Octavia were in the firehouse, working with Del and Murphy preserving the meat for winter. "Let's get this party smoking." Del muttered as he added some moonshine to the fire.

"You don't want the fire too big. So maybe just try to knock it down with some wet leaves." Octavia advised.

"You get that from your boyfriend, Grounder-pounder?"

"I swear call her grounder-pounder one more time. I dare you." She threatened Del and he just rolled his eyes cautiously.

"Octavia's right. A hot fire is not gonna preserve the meat as well." Murphy intervened.

"You can't take the heat, get out of the smokehouse. Should be kissing our asses for being allowed back in this camp."

"Bellamy, Clarke and I made the decision to keep him in camp because it was for the good of the camp. If you have a problem, maybe you should've grown some balls from the start." Avery silenced him before continuing work in science,