Chapter Nine

Thanks for reading, almost done!

Chapter Nine: Unexpected Destination

We caught up as much as we could. I could tell they all had a lot on their mind. They were captured at Malfoy Manor. They hadn't been safe. They had been caught! Thankfully they had managed to escape. Simply listening to their stories made my heart race. What if they hadn't escaped? After spending a long period of time at Malfoy Manor I knew the consequences would be horrible if they lasted more than a day there. I continued to listen. Dobby had died at their arrival after defending them at Malfoy Manor. Harry had buried him. He had known Dobby since his second year. He still looked upset as he told me about it. They were also trying to get information out of Ollivander and Griphook at the moment.

I sat there in horror after listening to what Hermione had to say about her experience. They had been through so much. When they asked me where I had been, I didn't have the heart to tell them I had been staying in resorts, drinking fancy mixed drinks, and cruising on boats with Draco. "I was just staying hidden here and there from the Death Eaters," I answered with a shrug. Draco....I wondered how he was. I only hoped he was safe. The only person who knew about Draco and I was Ginny, and I planned to keep it that way for a bit. Then again, there was only one way to find out. "Um, who did you see at Malfoy Manor?" I asked them casually.

"Just the Malfoy's, Bellatrix, and the other usual Death Eaters," Hermione answered. 

"Did you see Snape?" I asked hoping to make it unclear that I was only interested in Draco. "Or Draco?" I added.

"Not Snape," Hermione said shaking her head. "Draco was there though. Harry stole his wand." 

So he had made it safely and was finally home. At least that was one less thing I had to worry about. "I'm so glad you're all safe," I said looking at Hermione and Luna. Ron was speaking with Bill downstairs and Harry was with Ollivander. "I didn't know how to even contact you guys..." I said shaking my head.

"It was hard for us to be away from everyone and not let them know that we were safe," Hermione said. "Plus we worried how everyone else was. Our radio was always on." I knew what she meant by that. It made me feel guilty that for a while, my radio wasn't always on.

That night during dinner Harry seemed as if his mind was racing. I knew he had a lot to worry about and could tell they didn't plan on staying here long. There was still so much left for them to do. After helping Fleur with the dishes I went to join Harry, Ron, and Hermione who were all sitting in the living room. I went to join them. "You guys probably aren't staying here long, right?" I asked getting right to the point as I sat on the edge of the couch. I could tell from Hermione's expression that I was right.

"We were about to go and talk to you," Harry began saying. "We're actually leaving tomorrow."

"Sooner than I thought, but I knew it was coming," I admitted. By the looks of it, they weren't completely sure with what they were doing. I knew Harry wanted to end this war more than anything. Acting too fast would be counterproductive. I hoped they at least had a plan.

"We're going to break into Gringotts," Ron stated. Hermione explained to me what had happened with Bellatrix back at Malfoy Manor, how Bellatrix reacted strongly when she thought they had been in her vault. Now the three felt they had to break into her vault because there might be something important in there. I agreed, if Bellatrix showed fear towards them being in their vault then clearly there was something important in there.

"We wish we could bring you with us," Hermione told me.

"We could use twice the clever minds," Ron added smiling over at Hermione who blushed.