Chapter Six: Part Two

Thanks for all the comments & votes, I'm glad people like this story so far I almost didn't even post it. This chapter will be a little different than my others, this will be the last part of the Christmas break chapter. Decided to venture off from the Wizarding World in this chapter! x

Chapter Six: Part Two: A Muggle Adventure

London was a beautiful city from what I could remember. Since I grew up in Ireland and spent most of my time at Hogwarts, I've only visited London a few times. I arrived through the Leaky Cauldron and had no idea where to start. I've never seen London at Christmas time, but it was absolutely breathtaking. There was snow falling all around me and lights were shining on all of the trees. When I got into the busier section of the city, muggles were rushing around everywhere. People were eating in packed restaurants with their families. Others were rushing around and carrying last minute gifts. Lights sparkled around me on all the trees. It was even more beautiful than I remembered.

My stomach growled at the smell of all the food around me. I had no idea how muggle money worked. I knew a few things about muggles from what I had picked up over the years, but it was never an interest of mine to learn more about their currency. Now I couldn't wait to go back to Hogwarts and research more about their lifestyles after seeing this. I converted my last bit of sickles into muggle cash before heading to the city, so I that I had some muggle currency with me at least. 

I didn't really want to spend it. I honestly wanted to keep it and just continue admiring it. Their money was so strange. Most of it was flat first of all and had colorful faces on it along with many other symbols. The faces didn't even move. I suppose I could always get more and have Hermione explain to me what it all meant. I looked around and the sun was setting. I decided it was time for me to get something to eat, even if I was alone. After walking around I went to a place that reminded me of the Hogs Head because it wasn't as crowded as the rest. 

When I entered I noticed a few people sitting alone so I suppose I would blend in. At least it was set up nicely with lights and other holiday decorations. I took a seat over in the corner at one of the booths. "I'll be with you in a minute," one of the waitresses called. I nodded and looked around. After a minute or two the middle aged waitress came over to me. "What can I get you?" Their menu was very limited but I wasn't very picky at the moment.

"I'll just have a water and a bowl of split pea soup please," I said to her. She nodded and walked away. "Oh, excuse me," I called and she turned around. I showed her my muggle money. "This will be enough right?" I asked. She looked at me with a very puzzled expression. I expected that to happen. I just had to make sure it was enough, so I wouldn't cause any trouble when the check came.

"Um yes," she said looking at me strangely for not knowing how money worked. "That will cover it." I thanked her and she walked off. Not long after she came back with my water. "It's Christmas Eve, what are you doing here all alone? Why aren't your parents with you?" 

"They're working late," I lied. Wow, I think I have come up with a completely different story for everyone asking me about it. It was becoming very easy. She looked at me with sympathy.

"Oh I'm sorry dear," she said. Not long after she came back with a bowl of soup and a turkey sandwhich. "On the house," she added with a smile. After thanking her I ate my food while taking my time and looked out the window at everyone walking around. It was beautiful outside. When I was done she brought over cookies and told me they were handing them out to all the guest since it was Christmas Eve.  I thanked the kind waitress and ventured back out into London after leaving a tip of who knows how much.

There was so much going on at once, it was such a busy city. From a far I spotted a massive Christmas tree decked out in lights and what not. It was as large as the building next to it. I had to get a better look. When I arrived there I realized there was an ice skating rink. I used to love ice skating. I leant up against the rink and looked around. "Are you here alone too?" a tiny voice said. I looked around and then noticed a little girl standing on the other side of the rink.