New Morning in a New Place

Hey everyone, im going to the snow on Friday to Sunday night...I may upload some more but possibly not...Sorry xx

" Maya, time to wake up!" mum whispered in my ear. I through my blanket over my head and pretend i didn't hear anything and then I remembered I'm in a new place, time to explore! I spring out of bed and run out to the kitchen. I glide into the dining chair where my breakfast is sitting there ready. " Ey, slow down, whats the rush?" my mum said from the other side of the table. I just look at her and flip through the magazines on the table trying to find the word adventure to point out to my mum. I finally find "explore" written on one of the pages. I wave to get my mums attention and point to the word on the magazine. My mum just gives me a glance and then says "heres some money, off you go". I grab my backpack with my phone and keys. I through my money into the bag and grab a map of the table. I dive out of the door and start walking down towards the main street. As I'm walking, I see an apartment building with heaps of open windows. Im very curious of what is up there so i slip my map in my pocket and start climbing the emergency ladders. I reach a open window and have a peak inside. Its a girls room, she seems my age. I knock on the window and wait patiently for an answer. A tall, brown haired girl comes marching into the room and slams her door shut. Im a bit worried so i hide behind the wall but then she comes over to the window. "Hi, I'm Maya, don't be scared, i wont hurt you!" I said to the girl. She looked at me and then grabbed my hand and pulled me inside. "Shhh Maya, Im Riley, where are you from? Why are you here?" She whispered. I replied with "Im just curious of this building, Im new here and I live down the street!" She smiled at me then climbed outside the window and dragged me with her. She starts going down the ladders so I follow her. We reach the bottom and stop for a bit to catch our breath. " Are you hungry and do you have money" she asked. " I have money, why?" I reply. Riley started walking down the street towards a small cafe. We walked in together and a women came walking over with her arms open like she was ready to hug us. Riley hugged the women and I am very confused at this point. Riley turned around and said " Maya, don't worry, this is my mum Topanga. This is her cafe." I wave at Topanga and then sit in a seat in the corner. Riley joins me and we have a very long conversation about our lives. I hear a buzz come from my back pack and its a notification on my phone. I check it and it was a message from my mum saying "Hey Maya, I found a job and I start tonight. When you get home, I have some mac and cheese on the bench. I will see you in the morning before you go to school. Love you!" I finish my conversation with Riley and I walk home. When I reached home, I ate my mac and cheese and then drew a picture of Riley and I in the cafe today. I finished the drawing of us. I slip it in my pocket for a nice reminder of how nice some kids are here. I grabbed a blanket and watched tv on the lounge. Its Sunday night, so there isn't very much on. I watch some really boring show but slowly drift to sleep on the lounge. I felt very tired after my adventurous day. Im glad I met Riley today, hopefully we go to the same school.

So did you like it? I will hopefully update some more tomorrow. Love you all xx