A special Memory

A Special Memory

Harry went inside King's Cross station with his bag and Hedwig at 5 in the morning. Usually at this time he would be cooking breakfast for the Dursley's however now that he was far from them he did not know what to do but think of the past. A special memory. What memory you ask? Well, there was a girl. One with bushy hair and overly large front teeth. How is this a special memory? Well it all started almost a month before harry got his letter from Hogwarts. Harry was finishing his elementary year in his old school. Over the years he has had not one friend in that dump due to his obese cousin Dudley who would beat up anyone who wants to be friends with Harry. On that month while at his usual hiding spot which was a tree near the edge of the school Harry was about to leave his hiding spot when he spotted her. She was sitting on the benches around the tree reading contently on a book. He didn't know why but he had the urge to go talk to her but at the same time scared. Fear of rejection strucked him hard. All he ever wanted in his short life was someone who understands him one who would not judge him, all he wanted was a friend.

Suddenly he felt a surge of courage to go right in front of her.

"Hello" he said rather softly.

"Hello" she said equally softly.

"My name is Harry, Harry Potter" he said while extending a hand.

The girl just sat there starring at his extended hand like it was a foreign thing to see. Not wanting to be rude she extended her own hand to him and shook it.

"Im Hermione, Hermione Granger"

'Hermione' he thought
'An odd but perfect name' he suddenly was shook out of his thoughts when he remembered she was still in front of him.

"Hermione thats a nice name" he said a little bashfully

"Thank you" she said still softly.

"But it's quite long for a name dont you think"

"I never thought of it like that"

"Well I'll just call you Maya, if it's okay for you".

"Maya I like the sound of that" she said sincerly. It was the truth no one has ever given her a nickname and she never thought in a million years would a boy who she barely knew would be the first to nickname her.

She continued to smile at him. There was something about him that was just 'right' somehow she did not know what it was but with this boy she felt more comfortable.

She was snapped back to the present when she saw his hand waving straight at her face.

"Im sorry Im not used to people talking to me" she said sadly.

"I dont have any friends you see" she continued lowering her head to hide her tears.

Harry feeling he has something in common with her was overjoyed and sad at the same time. Overjoyed because someone can finally understand what it feels like to be alone in a big world but sad because some else feels the way he does.

He uses all the bravery he has and gave her a big hug.

Hermione caught off gaurd flinch slightly however this was her first hug from someone other than her parents. She later accepted the hug with tears rolling down her brown eyes.

They pulled away from each other and still in a semi-embrace stared at each other. Emerald green met chocolate brown ones. Unbeknownst to then somewhere deep down inside they knew they found the very special person.

They soon realized their position and fully pulled away with blushes clearly in their faces.

"Hey I saw you were reading a book would you like to accompany me to the library" harry said a little shyly with still a hint of blood still in his cheeks.

Hermione smiled "I would love to"

Harry crooked his hand in a gentlemanly way which Hermione looped her own arm around.