Chapter Six: Family, New and Old

Jacob's POV

My life was better than ever. My son was growing up, happy and healthy. I had a wonderful sister, two nieces, a nephew and a very responsible brother-in-law. And I had the most wonderful girl in the world: Elise. 

After the constant struggle with Annabelle, her rudeness, her shopaholic tendencies, her lack of involvement in Neil's life, I finally had the perfect girl. And I was going to make her truly mine tonight.

***

Hannah's POV

 A boy. I was having a little baby boy. I placed a hand on my stomach.

"A boy," Jasper whispered against my skin, his lips on my neck. I felt his stomach pressed up against my back as we curled into one another. Jasper's arms were wrapped tightly around me, feeling my stomach. I straightened the blankets around us, shifting my head on the pillow and sighed happily.

"A boy," I agreed drowsily, falling asleep.

*

In the morning, I was ravenous. I looked at myself in the mirror and found a chubby body looking back at me, with a pregnant stomach sticking out. I sighed, but I found myself not really caring. I was heavy, yes, but for my wonderful baby boy.

I ate a full breakfast, feeding the kids too. Jasper was already off at work, having left me a note on the bed. I had a doctor's appointment today so Kate was coming over to watch the kids.

She arrived about an hour after breakfast.

"Oh wow, Hannah, you look fantastic," she grinned at me, her glasses flashing in the light. She had a picture of the TARDIS from Doctor Who on her shirt and I smiled. She was such a fangirl.

"Thanks, Kate, so do you! I'll be back in an hour or so. Thank you so much."

"Not at all, Hannah, bye!"

I drove to the hospital, walking down the familiar hallway to the waiting room. I sat down and was called in by Dr Robertson a few minutes later.

"Hannah, I'm very pleased with your weight," he said, nodding approvingly at my bloated figure.

"This is the fattest I've ever gotten in a pregnancy," I said, laughing easily.

Dr Robertson smiled. "You look perfectly healthy to me."

He ran a few tests, nodding the whole way.

"Your baby boy is very healthy, Mrs Louis. Keep up the good work."

I grinned at him and left, smiling to myself. I did a bit of clothes shopping on the way home, picking up some maternity stuff. I had gone up a size, and I laughed to myself.

I called up Kate. "Hey Kate, would you mind if I stayed out a bit longer? I'd like to run some errands."

"Not at all!" she chirped. "Take as long as you like."

"Thanks so much! Bye!" I hung up and went out grocery shopping. Then I stopped by Jasper's office.

Jasper's POV

I massaged my temples, my eyes smarting a little. I stared blankly at the word document in front of me, not being able to summon up coherent sentences in my mind. I heard the elevator open up across the room and saw Hannah walking in shyly. 

A smile lit up my face. She had gained quite a bit of weight, but it rested on her hips and in her chest in a beautiful, curvy way, showing off her femininity. Her pregnant stomach was now quite noticable and I grinned, thinking about our little boy to be.