Damon chuckled, then took a deep breath and glanced around the room. He liked to call it a parlour, since he didn't know whether it was a living room or not. The parlour, just like the rest of the house, had a high ceiling and one big glass chandelier right in the centre. There were other small bulbs screwed into the ceiling to give light if one didn't want to light the chandelier. Great Aunt Madeline had decorated that room with gold and creme coloured furniture, which Damon honestly disliked. Of course, he kept his mouth shut in order not to disappoint the saint that gave him this home.

   The vampire ran a hand through his hair and decided to go to the room they had claimed as their own. It was a sculptural staircase that circled up, which made Damon then agree with Freya. Who the hell needed seven floors?

   When the sun set and the guests began to arrive, it was then when Damon Salvatore felt like he just needed to be alone with Freya. The house was covered with people, both the ones he knew and ones he had no idea who they were. He was surprised to even see Robert Belcher and his girlfriend, the people he worked with, and even Thomas and Will. Out of everyone, he was more surprised to see Thomas and Will. In other words, he was a bit worried to see Thomas and Will.

   He marched towards them, a tight and forced smile on his lips. "What the hell are you two doing here?" he asked them.

   "Your bunny invited us," Thomas answered with a smile. Damon was tempted into punching that shit eating grin from his face. 

   "Freya doesn't know you."

   "We came into The Ground a few weeks ago," Will said with the same smile Thomas sported. "We introduced ourselves as friends of yours. I'm hurt that you have never spoken about us."

   "I'm going to ask one more time: what the hell are you two doing here?" Damon quietly spat, glaring at the two vampires in front of him.

   "Like Thomas said, Freya invited us." Will gave him a smile and patted him in the shoulder. He leaned close and whispered softly, "Don't worry, Damon. We won't bite anyone tonight." He tapped him on the shoulder and walked away to the table filled with foods. 

   Thomas stood behind, an apologetic smile on his lips. "Sorry about that, Damon," he told the older vampire. "Will wanted to come, so he compelled Freya to invite us."

   Before he could walk away, Damon grabbed his arm. "Do you know who spilled the blood bags all over my apartment?" he lowly asked, his tone filled with threat. "Was it you? Will?"

   "We heard about what happened through other vampires," Thomas softly said, glancing around. "Remember when we told you about that man that asked about you? The lawyer-type. I think..." He glanced around again. "I think it might have been him."

   "Give me one reason why I should believe you?"

   "Because unlike Will, I actually think of you as a friend," he said, glancing around. Thomas looked worried, scared, Damon had noted that. "I think it was that guy who did that, Damon. He did look angry when he came in looking for you."

   The older vampire nodded and waved him off, turning back around to look at those that were invited. More than half of the Beauchene family had showed up, all o f them which Damon had met during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. They all greeted him with smiles and loud shouts of his name, then they congratulated him on his engagement to Freya. He would smile at them, thank them, and even say that he was happy. Of course, they weren't lies. 

   Great Aunt Madeline arrived, with a brown fur coat that seemed to hide her small, frail body. She reminded him a lot of Uncle Thing from The Addams Family. When she went up to him, hugged him, and covered his cheeks in bright red lipstick.