Auntie

"I'm home!" I shout when I walk through the door.

"Are you hungry?" Mum shouts from the living room.

"A little." I shout back. Mum walks into the hall and to the kitchen.

"I'll make dinner. You go and do your homework." She says when she walks by.

"Okay." I take my bag and walk upstairs to my room. I sneeze again and shiver a little.

I really don't want to be sick! I will fall behind in school and I still have quite a lot to do that I missed when I was in the hospital. It's only five days since I got out from there. It feels like so much longer, so much has happened!

__________________________________

After we have eaten I help mother to clean the table and wash the dishes. When I'm finished I hear the doorbell ring.

"Can you open the door please?" Mum shouts from the living room.

"Okay." I walk through the hall and open the door.

"Hi sweetie! You must be Ivy! How you've grown! It's nice to see you again. Where is your mother?" A tall blonde woman with glasses gives me a big hug and walks past me into the hall.

"Mum! Auntie is here!" Mum comes immediately to the hall.

"Hi dear Mimosa! Long time no see!" Mum gives my aunt a hug. Mimosa, the name seems familiar.

"Yes it has. I believe it was three years ago. Does the little one remember much of that time? I guess it was pretty traumatizing for her." The time of dad's death? Of course I remember it. It was a... Wait, I can't remember much of what happened back then. How is this possible? It was only three years ago.

"I think she doesn't remember much." Mum looks at me and seeing her concerned expression I think I look pretty much the same. "Are you feeling alright dear?"

"Yeah I'm fine. I think I'll go for a walk. I will be back in about an hour." I pull my jacket and shoes on quickly and walk out the door before mum has time to say anything.

I enjoy the cool air. Winter is coming soon with only a month to winter break. I can't wait to get away from school for a while. It's starting to be okay considering I've finally got some friends but still, school is exhausting to me.

The walk clears my head and I can finally remember a few things. Tina said her masters name was Mimosa. Could that be my aunt Mimosa she meant? I need to ask her. I can also remember what mum has told about dad's death. She always said he got into a terrible car accident. It was some idiotic drunk drivers that drove at him and he died quickly without pain. But why can't I remember anything? I was twelve at the time. Maybe the brain doesn't want to remember traumatizing stuff like that.

Someone puts their hand on my shoulder and I immediately back away frightened. My thoughts are directly remember the accident.

"I'm sorry, did I startle you?" I hear Nick's concerned voice. I turn to him with an apologetic smile.

"A bit yeah. But it's okay. I'm kind of easily scared when I'm walking alone." He smiles back at me and I feel a bit happier.

"Where are you going?" Nick asks as we continue to walk.

"Nowhere, just walking." I answer.

"Needed some fresh air? But I don't think you should be out this late. The clock is already closer to half past seven." Nick's words make me stop. I quickly scramble my phone out of my pocket and see several missed calls and text from my mother.

"Oh shit! Ohshit ohshit ohshit! Mum is going to kill me! I said I'd be back home at six!" I call her and it doesn't take long for her to answer.

"Where are you Ivy?" I hear the concerned voice of my mother on the other end.

"I'm sorry, I forgot to look at the clock and didn't realize how quickly the time went. I'll come home right away!" I'm scared that she will yell at me and you can easily hear it in my voice.

"Oh honey. Everything will be alright just you come home in one piece okay? I was just worried something had happened to you." I knew she was thinking of the accident.

"I promise I'm on my way and nothing will happen to me Nick will walk with me, I'll be alright." I looked at Nick to assure it was okay and he nodded, smiling. "I'll see you soon mum. Bye!" I ended the call and put my phone back into my pocket. "Let's go."

"Was your mother worried?" Nick asked.

"Extremely, she hasn't let me be alone outside this late since last year." I was a little down about this and  knew Nick was wondering about what had happened last year. But I wasn't in the mood for talking about that so I changed the subject and we continued walking, chatting the entire way.

AN:

Again, I'm really sorry for not updating sooner. The writer's block was like literally the worst I've ever had and then my ideas kinda ran out. Also the other project is really taking up my time so sorry a million times.

If you are still reading this then I thank you a billion times for your patience and understanding. ^-^ You seriously are the best person in the world! <3

Thanks for reading and please vote and comment if you want and/or liked the chapter.

~ Stella