01

It was another busy day for the students of the male boarding school, Gyeongho School. The students returned back to school after a long summer break, not looking forward to the many lessons, the teachers and the homework they were assigned to do. Most students were stressed before they even walked into one of the many buildings, and other students were waiting for the stress to come.

Among these students was one student who was happy to finally return to school. His uniform embraced his body neatly, he was holding the straps of his black backpack while humming a melody on his way to class. Boo Seungkwan had been waiting for this day all summer.

He was happy to return back to Gyeongho School for one simple reason; he finally got to choose new courses he wanted to take and the school had to offer. One of these courses was Music, in which Seungkwan was incredibly talented at.

One of his passions had always been singing, and he was aspiring to be a musical actor and hopefully perform on the Broadway someday. His school offered singing classes with Korea's best vocal trainers, which Seungkwan knew could be a big benefit to him.

But sadly, Seungkwan had to take the usual classes everyone had to take too, and had to pick another course for extra points in each of his classes. He picked Home Economics, knowing that it would be easy and that the Home Economics teacher barely gave his students any homework. It was exactly what Seungkwan needed to pass this year.

He stepped through the open doors of Room A22, his eyes setting upon the many empty seats. Seungkwan knew that sitting in the very back would make it look like he doesn't care about this class, which is not the case at all. But sitting in the very front could make it hard for Seungkwan. He always got distracted easily, and most of the time hechose to cheat on a test instead of studying. So there was no other option left than to sit somewhere in the middle.

Seungkwan chose to sit in the third row by the windows. He got his belongings out of his backpack and then waited for every student to walk into the room one by one. He knew all of them, and even though he was one of the most popular students in Gyeongho School, nobody bothered to sit next to him.

That was until an unfamiliar figure walked into the room. He wore his uniform loosely, as if he had just thrown it on, his light brown hair was messy and his features showed that he wasn't fully Korean, but nonetheless, he looked good. If this was a mixed school, with girls and boys, then Seungkwan was sure that all the girls would be in love with him. But unfortunately, it was not the case and no one cared about his good looks.

Though,what they did care about was his name. In Gyeongho School, everyone knew each other. Seeing an unfamiliar face always made the boys curious to who that person could be. Was it his decision to attend Gyeongho School or did his parents force him to, just like more than the half of Gyeongho's students were forced to by their parents? Questions lingered on their mind, and all set themselves the goal to talk to him sometime.

Seungkwan's stared at the empty seat beside him, then at the stranger who just stood in the front, deciding where he should sit. Without thinking about it twice, Seungkwan raised his arm and waved his hand around."You!" he yelled, making everyone pay attention to him. "Sit besides me!"

The new student pointed at himself, not being sure if the overjoyed student was talking to him or perhaps a friend, who stood behind him the whole time. "Yes, you." Seungkwan assured him, a friendly smile on his face.

The new student licked his bottom lip, looking around the class and the empty seats once again. As he noticed that every student was staring at him, he decided it would be best to sit next to the stranger who had called out for him.

With slow steps, he walked to the third row, sitting down next to Seungkwan with a small smile on his face. Seungkwan smiled back, saying, "I am Boo Seungkwan. I'm glad that you decided to sit next to me."

"I'm Hansol. Thank you for- you know, letting me sit next to you." the new student named Hansol thanked Seungkwan, whose smile grew even bigger after he got to know his name.

Before the two could continue with their conversation, their Home Economics teacher entered the room and slammed the door close, causing the whole class to jump at the sudden noise. Their attention was on Mr Song, who put his bag on his desk.

"Hello class," he greeted everyone happily. "I am your Home Economics teacher, Mr Song. I am glad that you have chosen this subject, whatever the reason may be-"

Seungkwan drowned his voice out, not caring what the teacher had to say. All he would talk about was their plan on what they would be doing this school year, and Seungkwan had no intention of actually participating in any of the lessons. He would just nod and smile friendly when the teacher looked at him to make it look like he was listening.

When Seungkwan was about to talk to Hansol, he stopped himself from doing so. Hansol seemed so emerged into the lesson and listened carefully to every word Mr Song had to say, that Seungkwan somehow felt guilty for even wanting to distract him from the lesson. He was even surprised when he saw Hansol take notes of what Mr Song had to say.

"Our main project for this year is a hard one, but fun. Gyeongho School got robotic babies sponsored, and you are the first students to try them out," Seungkwan raised his eyebrow, staring at the doll MrSong was holding up. It looked strangely realistic. "Your partner will be whoever you are sitting next to, and if you maintain to take care of the baby for the next six months, you will most probably pass this class."

Then Mr Song explained how the robotic baby worked. He explained how it functioned and what the males had to do if it cried. Mr Song also said that a chip was planted into the baby so he could see how the boys were doing as fathers.

After that was said and the babies were given to their parents, the class was dismissed.

-

This is my very first Verkwan fanfic. This idea was actually meant for a Jeongcheol story, but I think it fits Verkwan better. But who knows, I might use this plot with a robotic baby again for a Jeongcheol fic.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. The next chapter will be up very soon ^^