After The Looting Trip!

CHAPTER 3: AFTER THE LOOTING TRIP!

The next day we went and looked around the house for any zeds. We came across a few every now and then. Now I am seeing more zeds appearing in the streets, fields, and the woods. Our house surrounded by the woods. "Hey Joshua, can we stop by my house and I can pick up my belongings?" I said really wanting to get my guns and my clothes and my bed set because that bed made me sleep so well at night and I never had bad dreams on it!

"Yea we will go over there in a hour or two because we need to start farming before winter comes. Also, winter is only 8 months away and we need to start framing!" He said grabbing all the things we need for the farm. "But first we need seeds and we don't have enough, so let's go to the green house not to far from here and grab some seeds."

"Alright but let's also grab some pumpkin seeds because its Halloween and I want to still celebrate all the holidays." I said getting in the truck.

"But wait do you have a gun? I forgot if you did." Joshua said.

"No I lost it at Walmart when I was grabbing all the other guns." I said wondering what he will do to me.

"Ok then, just follow me and we will get a gun from my secret room be right back and don't do anything stupid!" Joshua said looking all mad.

"Alright! I will not do anything wrong, I promise!" I said as Joshua opened the door and walked inside. "I wonder what is in his secret room?" I whispered to myself as I watched for any zeds.

**********

"Ok well I got you a Glock 9mm if that is fine with you." Joshua said as he handed me the gun and I nodded. "ok let's get on the road! The first stop is at your house to get your stuff. Where is your house?" Joshua said as he is looking around.

"It's on 9137 planter road which is down the road." I said pointing in the direction. After I was looking around for awhile we were at my house. "Stop right here this is my house. Lets get into it from the back door." I said as we walked through the garage and first of all I checked under the cars. "Nothing under the cars." I whispered.

"So far, so good and keep out that way!" He said as he was opening the door the the fenced off back yard. "Alright get ready there might be a zed or two behind this door and they can't get out because the back yard is fenced of. If there is zeds behind this door use your knife not your gun it will make more come to this house." He said to me while he was getting ready to open the door.

"Alright! I'm ready!" I said smiling. And behind that door there was one zed when he opened it and it was my dad and he was standing there smelling in the air. He could smell us and he turned this way! My dad was in FOOTBALL for 4 years so he could run up to 40mph! He darted our way and we shut the door on him. He fell to the ground and we heard a *SMACK* against the door and it almost made me fly on my back!

Then, when Joshua had the chance he went in there and killed him... I watched blood splat all on the fence and when I went in there he was just laying there. I went to him and sat by him. "Dad why did you have to turn! You would have made it if you came with me instead of trying to help mom when she was turning!" I said then I put the Glock 9mm up to my head and pulled the trigger.

"NO!!!" said Joshua running at me trying to stop me. But when I pulled the trigger.... nothing happened because it was on safety. "What in the hell were you thinking about Caleb!" He said looking at me about to cry.

"I don't know this strange feeling came to me and telling me to kill myself. It said to me 'Go join your mom and dad in heaven and just kill yourself to see them once more' so that's why I just almost just died." I said still looking at my dad. The smell of the zed was so strong I kept on gagging until I could not handle it. Then, we got to the back door of the house.

"Are you sure you want to keep going? Are you afraid you might see you zed family in there?" He said looking at me when I nodded.

"Yes, let's keep going!" I said as we opened the door.

*******