Chapter 2

***

Bell rings...

"That's the bell for the free time!" Ruby exclaimed.

"What free time?" Shirou asked with a low voice.

"The free time. All students have an hour long free time after lunch break. Most students use that to hang out. Some to play sports and others to study." Ruby replied while sticking out her index finger like she's pointing at the sky.

"I'll be in the library." Erika said as she stood up and walked towards the stairs that leads to the lower floor.

"I'll be in the field, watching the team play soccer." Said Ruby.

"O-oi! Wait up, Neko senpai!" Shirou said as he stood up and followed  Erika to the library.

#

Shirou was sitting in the opposite side of where Erika was sitting. Erika was reading and studying while Shirou was just reading a comic book.

"*sigh*... Are you not gonna study? There's a test this Friday." Erika said while writing some notes on her notebook.

"No. By the way, you got number 7 wrong. The answer is x=4, not x=8." Shirou replied while pointing at Erika's notebook.

"Oh. You're right." Erika said.

"I think you have some competition, Erika. He's a transferee from one of the best schools, remember? I bet that he would be placed in one of the top ten students in the scoreboard." Ruby appeared outside the window near both Shirou and Erika.

"You're right. I think that I won't have a chance against him so I'll just give up trying to get the first place In the score board." Said Erika sadly.

"Your giving up already? You know what? Someone once told me to go on a journey. I don't know what lies ahead but I already took a few steps. There's no point in going back now. She also told me that it's ok to look forward to your dreams but I didn't listen cuz my dream is too far ahead of me and I was afraid that I might lose sight of what's already in front of me. The ground is on fire? So what? You already took dozens of steps in your journey. So what are you gonna do? Are you gonna stop and go back to where you started? Or are you gonna destroy what's blocking your path and continue your journey?" Shirou explained while both Erika and Ruby were staring at him with shock.

"Wow..... You sound very inspiring for someone who looks scary." Ruby said.

"Yeah..." Erika added.

"You seriously believed what I just said? Trust me. You don't have a chance against me." Shirou said while reading a comic book. Both of the girls were surprised by his change of opinion.

Lol

"Seriously..." Ruby murmured with a disgusted face.

"Oh, I'm really gonna crush you!" Erika exclaimed angrily while pointing at Shirou. Then she started studying again.

"There. Now she's all fired up!" Shirou said.

"Seriously?...." Ruby murmured again.

"Hey! New guy! Do you play soccer?" A guy standing a few meters behind Ruby said.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." Shirou said in a boring manner.

"Come here! Let's see what you've got." The guy said.

"Sure. Fine. Whatever." Shirou said as he jumped out of the window and walked straight towards the guy's location.

#