Yusei Fudo X Reader

You stood at the side with Leo and Luna, staring over at the duo skating happily before you guys. "Seriously, those two look like they're on a date!" Leo whined out loud.

"Leo! Don't say that! We all know Yusei is just trying to help Akiza," Luna informed.

You looked down at the twins arguing and smirked, "aw, are you guys jealous you're not having as much fun as them~?"

"No way! I mean, do you see how happy they are! You can clearly see that those two are on a date!" Leo pointed out once more.

Luna looked back at them and sighed, "ok fine, it's totally a date."

"Aren't you jealous [Y/n]?" Leo asked out of nowhere.

"Why would I be?" Being the oblivious person you are, you just stood there in confusion. "I mean, I am jealous of their roller skating skills since I can't roller skate. Man, Akiza must be one fast learner. They're having so much fun too."

Leo and Luna both sighed while mentally face palming. "Come on, we've roller skated before and since we have nothing better to do besides watching these two lovebirds, lets roller skate!" Leo declared.

"H-hold on a second there Leo! I don't even know how to roller skate! Even with a handicap!"

"Then what was the point in getting those for?" Luna inquired while pointing down at the roller skates equipped to your feet.

"I-I just thought it would be fun to walk in these you know! Haha, it sure is comfortable isn't it?!"

Leo leaned over to Luna and whispered something into her ear. A small giggle escaped her lips and she smiled at you, "come on [Y/n], lets go roller skate."

"But I told you I can't!"

Luna gently pushed you to one of the the roller skating ring entrances and your legs shook. Without the nearby wall to support you, you didn't have the confidence to move forward. "You're taking forever!" Leo yelled and suddenly, a force was implied onto your back.

"W-wait! Leo!" With his almighty push, the wheels on your roller skates moved forward in an instant. "H-Help! Someone!" Your roller skates continued to speed up in a non stopping pace and you saw someone ahead of you. "W-watch out!" Before you made contact with the people in front of you, a hand grabbed your wrist and pulled you away swiftly. Your head fell against a firm chest and a clear heartbeat resonated from it. You looked up and was met by clear blue orbs.

"Are you alright?" Yusei's voice broke you away from being engulfed by his ocean blue gems.

"Y-yeah, I just had a little push by someone. That's all," while still leaning on Yusei for support, you glared over at the bench and saw Leo and Luna talk about something and hiding away from your piercing gaze. You sighed and lightly pushed away from Yusei. That was your mistake. One of your roller skates slid forward and you began to fall back. But that same hand that grabbed your wrist slid around your waist, hoisting you in mid fall.

"Have you ever skated before?" He questioned in curiosity.

"I've been here before with some pals. But truth be told, my grandma skates better than me," you confessed with a laugh. The last time you went in the ring you fell face flat and that was like, years ago! You've never wanted to come back again but some twins just had to push you.

"Don't worry, I'll teach you. Akiza already got the hang of it," the duo haired male gestured over to the beautiful woman gliding across the ring with elegance.

Your jaw dropped and you immediately shook your head, "I can't do it."

"Come on [Y/n]. I said I'll teach you, don't worry. Believe in yourself."

Those words. The ones you kept telling yourself when you were small and back in Satellite. You began to wonder how everyone was doing back there, especially your grandparents. It's dangerous but you were sure Martha got them covered. You let out a small halfhearted laugh as your gaze was casted to the floor. You then looked up at the taller male and smiled brightly, "nah, it's ok. I'm sure Akiza would still like to spend time with you. I'll go get a drink, I'm kinda thirsty."

"Wait [Y-" Before Yusei could finish, you propelled away from the male and tried your best to get out the ring.

You were somehow successful and was relieved Yusei didn't follow after you. You looked behind you and saw Akiza up on him, maybe trying to show him her progress. You took off your roller skates and when Leo and Luna ran up to you, you only walked past them without a single glance. Your mind just felt so occupied. Especially with the words that came out of his mouth. Maybe it was because those were the final words that the most closest person you ever had told you.

~*~*~

You don't know why. You just stood in front of the roller skating center. It was slightly chilly outside and you didn't bring a jacket or anything to cover up, just what you wore this afternoon when it was still warm. You walked over and placed your hand gently on the front door. It fell open with ease. You rose a brow in curiosity, was someone still inside? Or the workers forgot to lock it? You didn't bother to think further into the topic and just walked in.

Not a single person in sight. You walked over and soon got on a pair of roller skates your shoe size. Placing your hands on the wall next to you, you allowed your hands to give you a small push and accelerate you into the ring. However, your legs weren't in sync and you ended up falling in your behind.

You kept trying and trying but your skills didn't improve one bit. You sighed and sat up from laying in the center of the roller skating ring. Maybe you should just give up and go home, staying here and getting more bruises isn't going to help. Just when you were about to stand up, you felt something drape over your head and arms. It was a warm jacket.

You looked up and was again, met by those loving blue eyes of his. He extended out his hand for you and you placed your hand on his, hoisting you up with ease. "I knew I would find you here," he broke the silence.

"Really, how?"

"Just a hunch. I did tell you, I am going to teach you how to skate. One way or another." As he took both your hands in his, he began to guide you around the empty ring. It felt..... Magical. Light shown down on you both from the window above and you slowly began to get the hang of it. During the lesson, not a single word was said between you two. All there was is just hand in hand and side by side. Gliding across the ring, a smile crossed your features as well as Yusei's.

Maybe everything did lead to a happy ending. Maybe turning over a new leaf wasn't so bad. After all, all it took was just Believing In Yourself.