Astral X Reader

You looked at the time. It quickly began to pass by each second. You turned your head back to the duel before you and noticed the huge monster standing before its opponent. Number 34, Terror-Byte. You looked over at Yuma and saw him shouting at the invisible space before him. But you were able to see who was there, the blue spirit from another world, Astral.

Mr. Kay's neck glowed with the number 34 and you were sure that he was possessed by the number. "The time is ticking! The virus bomb will soon explode and the city will be full of chaos! There isn't enough time!" Caswell continued to panic.

"Stay strong Caswell! Yuma can do it!" Tori reassured but her body shook slightly. She as well, was in the panic zone. However, she placed her faith in Yuma.

You on the other hand, stood there. You were more worried for the blue spirit. After spending time with Yuma, you were able to get closer to the spirit and understood his situation. What shocked you was when he said that you looked familiar to him. You were sure you never recalled meeting Astral in your life. You lived alone next door to Yuma and that's about it, your past was a mystery to yourself.

You shrugged the thought away and focused on the duel. Yuma took more damage as he refused to obey Astral's advice and you noticed something strange, Astral began to flash. He looked like he was about to fade away. That was when it all clicked in your mind. You were new to all this number card stuff but if Yuma loses, Astral would disappear as well.

"Come on Yuma! You can do this!" You shouted. "You have to win this! For the safety of the city, for Astral!"

"[Y/n], you really think there is an invisible duelist helping Yuma?" Tori asked.

"Of course!" You huffed. "He's right there! You guys may not be able to see him but... he is there. And every duel Yuma wins keeps him alive. If Yuma loses..... Astral would disappear."

"And if Yuma loses, the whole City is going to get infected with the virus!" Caswell continued on with anxiety.

"Don't worry Caswell, we'll be fi-!" Your sentence was stopped halfway when the ground beneath you shook.

"W-what's going on!?" Yuma asked no one in particular. The ceiling opened up and the floor beneath you rose up. When the shaking stopped, you were all the way on top of the tower, giving you guys a clear view of Heartland.

"This will be the perfect view for us once the virus has been set up! You will all witness as this city becomes viral!" Mr. Kay declared.

As the duel continued to progress, you noticed something happening. With everything Yuma is doing, it may lead to his victory. You focused on what Astral was telling Yuma and your eyes widened, why would he give Yuma such advice?! That was when it hit you, the words he yelled at Astral from before. A smile graced upon your lips and you shouted over at them, "Come on Yuma, Astral! You can beat Mr. Kay!"

Astral's gaze turned towards you as you stood happily at the side lines. You were reassuring Tori and Caswell about what was happening and Astral couldn't help but find it reassuring to himself. Your expression held no doubts, even with the timer slowly counting down. There was only 5 minutes left before the virus infects the whole city. "Yuma, remember you still have that trap card," Astral informed the stubborn male. "With it, you'll be able to destroy his Super CrashBug."

With Astral's advice once more, Yuma was able to successfully defeat Mr. Kay. Astral took Mr. Kay's number card and the 34 on his neck disappeared. There was only 1 minute left. Tori woke Mr. Kay up and Yuma turned to Mr. Kay in alert, "quick Mr. Kay! Cancel that viral countdown thing you set up!"

"Viral countdown?" Mr. Kay mumbled. "I can't, it can't be stopped once it has been set up. There isn't a cancellation code."

"What are we going to do!?" You panicked. There was only a few seconds left. You all took cover as the time ticked on.

5.

4.

3.

2.

1.

0.

However, nothing happened. Your eyes fluttered open and you stood up, walking over to the edge of the tower. The city looked, normal. "We're doomed!" Yuma shouted.

"Why are you shouting?" Mr. Kay asked.

"Didn't you set up the virus countdown for the whole city to be infected!?" Caswell questioned.

"Why would you think I'll do that? It's true that I did cause some trouble during preparations but-"

"But what? What was the countdown for then?"

Suddenly, something lit up from below and Mr. Kay smiled. "If you want to know what I did, put on your duel gazers and look up at the sky."

You did as you were told and immediately, your eyes were full of surprise."There's a giant CrashBug in the sky!" you all shouted at once.

Mr. Kay explained what he was trying to do and you could only give him a look of deadpan. "So what you're saying is you did all this just to make a huge CrashBug appear in the sky!?" Yuma yelled.

"Pretty much."

While everyone continued to blabber, you just stood in silence while staring at the huge hologram. As CrashBug threw his bombs and creating fireworks, your [e/c] orbs shown brightly along with it. You didn't even notice the blue spirit observing your happy and silent state. "Pretty..." you mumbled out in amazement.

As Astral continued to stare at you in silence, he then turned his head to the CrashBug before him. He felt something on his hand and he turned towards you who only beamed one of your signature grins at him while gripping his light blue hand. "If you see CrashBug on a full moon, it brings you good luck!"

CrashBug: An electrical fairy that lives off of the other bugs. It becomes extremely powerful because it lives off its bug friends. It's said that those who witness its full moon-like appearance may forever live in happiness.

As you turned your attention back to the beautiful sight in the night sky, Astral gazed upon your hand gripping his. You're probably just gripping the air from other's perspective. But you didn't mind. That didn't stop the pure joy blooming from your heart.

Astral turned his gaze away from you. Observation number 7.5: People feel happiness once engaged in something they enjoy and love. Even being with someone, can bring you joy without knowing so. With his hand still in your hold, he gave your hand a small unnoticeable squeeze back.