Joey Wheeler X Reader

You entered the noisy classroom and your [e/c] eyes darted towards your normal hang out group. You walked over and beamed at them, "good morning everyone~!"

"[Y/n]! You're finally not late!" An arm flung onto your shoulders and the familiar patch of blond was seen before you.

"Oh shut up! I should say the same for you, shouldn't you be busy running to school with toast in your mouth like some school girl!?" You countered back.

"C-come on guys. Let's not start a fight so early in the morning," Yugi spoke up with a small sweat drop visible on his head. Tristan only sighed but didn't stop his friend from continuing his blabber mouth.

"He started it!" You pointed a finger at him.

"Hey! You continued it!" Joey retaliated.

"Did not!"

"Did to!"

"Did not!"

"Did t-!"

"Cut it out already! You guys are so immature!" Tea scolded and you both flinched at her rude demeanor.

"Fine," you both chorused with a huff. It was like a daily routine for you both to get into pointless fights but you both were always there for each other. Footsteps echoed the hallway and everyone quickly scurried to their proper seats, that including you. Like in any other cliches out there, you sat by the window seat and constantly stared out that same window. You looked out the window again and saw some people playing soccer for gym.

You began to think about your past. There wasn't much, but you, Joey, and Serenity stuck together like glue. You were also there when Joey's parents divorced and Serenity was taken away by her mother while Joey stood with his alcoholic father. When you heard Serenity became ill, you would constantly visit her and keep her updated on what's happening so far. You knew her eyesight was damaged and you have tried to earn money for the repairment but you knew it wasn't enough. You brushed off the subject and continued to focus on class. You might as well visit Serenity today after school.

~*~*~

Clutching your school bag in your arms, you walked into the huge building and walked up to the reception desk. "Excuse me?" You asked.

The reception lady turned towards you and smiled, "Ah, Ms. [L/n]! It's a pleasure to see you again. You cam here to visit Ms. Serenity again?"

"Yes ma'am," you answered back and she allowed you to go inside. You walked around and finally reached the familiar room you've always hung out at. You gave a small knock and a small 'come in' was heard from the other side. You slid the door open and closed it behind you. You saw Serenity sitting on her bed and the same bandage covering her eyes. Every time you look, you felt sorry and worry for her. "Hey Serenity, I came to visit you again."

"Good afternoon [Y/n]. Where's Onii-chan?" She asked.

"He's not with me this time, he's probably hanging out with his friends."

"That's nice to hear. How are you doing so far? Whenever Onii-chan visits, he talks a lot about you."

"E-eh?" You stared at her questionably while she smiles back at you. "W-well, what does he say?"

"He says your very kind and caring and even though you guys fight all the time, you guys make up one way or another. I think you guys should just go out already," she joked.

"S-Serenity!!" A blush rose to your cheeks. "Don't say something like that!"

"Sorry, I meant that you guys should just get married already," she rephrased her quote.

"Serenity!!!" You shouted. The light blush has taken a darker shade of red and you could only pout while she laughs. Suddenly, a knock was heard over at the door. You turned your head to the door and spoke, "come in!" Your expression quickly dropped when you saw the one and only, Joey Wheeler.

"Oh [Y/n], you're here too? I thought you already went home," Joey notified. You though back to what Serenity was talking about before and your face lit up like a candle. Joey immediately took note of it and being his oblivious self, he asked, "Hey you feeling okay? Your face seems awfully red."

He reached up and placed his hand on your forehead, trying to check your temperature. Your eyes darted to Serenity but she only has a know it all smirk on her face, as if she's looking beyond that bandage. "You don't seem to be having a fever..." Joey pointed out. "You sure you're feeling alright?"

"I-I'm fine! Excuse me!" You excused yourself and sped walked out the door. You said bye to the reception lady and walked out of the hospital, the burning sensation on your cheeks not leaving. He must be very dense to not notice. You don't know if you should call yourself stupid or dumb but you feel as if you're beginning to fall for the stupid blonde.