Liam nodded and turned around to leave, but Louis stayed there, staring down at the boy.

"C-Can I stay?" He whispered, his voice cracking a little as Tink sighed.

"I'm sorry, Louis." She answered. "I'll need space and no distractions."

Louis bit his bottom lip as Liam stepped up behind him and put an arm around his shoulder.

Louis nodded dejectedly and turned around heading for the door as Liam followed.

"Um," He stopped in the doorway and turned around, sniffling a little. "Thank you."

Tinkerbell smiled at him, trying to give him some hope.

"Go and get some rest." She told him. "He'll be here tomorrow, waiting for you."

Louis nodded one more time before shakily bringing a hand up to his eyes and wiping away the tears.

Liam tried to comfort him as they walked back to their room, but Louis didn't want to speak.

He could feel his throat closing up and chest becoming tighter as he willed himself not to cry. He was so worried, so, so worried. He wanted Harry to be okay so badly, he didn't know what he would do if he wasn't.

When they got to the room, the other two were already asleep and Louis was exhausted, so he collapsed straight into bed.

He crawled under the covers, pulling the blanket up to his chin, and finally, he let himself cry.

He let the tears stream down his cheeks as he squeezed his eyes closed. His heart physically hurt for Harry.

Louis sniffled as he tried to fall asleep, but the image of Harry's pale, almost dead body as he lay amongst the rags in the prison.

Why did we have to be late? Louis wondered as he silently sobbed. Tink had said that Harry was awake and relatively okay that morning, so he couldn't help but feel like they had only just been too late.

If they had've gotten there even slightly earlier, then Harry would be in his arms that night, instead of in a hospital bed.

It was going to be a long night.

.

Water washed down Louis' face. With his eyes scrunched closed, he tried to push the memories from his mine. He didn't want to relive the first time they'd been on the island. Almost losing Harry the first time was so painful.

So he finished scrubbing his body clean before stepping out of the shower and desperately tried to imagine the good times. It wasn't going to do any good for either of them if he dwelled on the past.

Once he was dried and dressed, he quickly went by the dining hall to get some food and headed back to the hospital wing. When he entered Harry's room, it was just as he'd left it. Harry remained lying in the bed and everything seemed still and untouched, the only difference being more light illuminating the scene.

Louis let out a long breath and gently pulled the piece of fabric covering the doorway, giving them the smallest amount of privacy before he sunk into his chair beside the bamboo bed.

He pushed Harry's hair from his face and finally took notice of his face. While it had been pale and clammy the night before, overnight, he had clearly regained some strength and his cheeks now a light shade of pink.

Louis smiled and gently kissed his cheek, before he sat back and ate his breakfast in the quiet.

After a little while, he'd finished off the food and tucked his legs up under his body, getting comfortable. He rested his head slightly to the side and watched Harry's chest rise and fall. As he waited and silently willed the younger boy to open his eyes, he started to hum a little tune, one he'd been singing for a while.