Chapter Three

I was now coming up to the pack's house. I could see the porch through the trees ahead of me. Don't even ask me how I got here, I was too overwhelmed with my emotions.  Sam has agreed to let me stay with him for a bit, as long as it was okay with Emily, his mate. 

 When we came up to the porch, all of the boys ran in, leaving me and Sam outside. A beautiful women walked out of the door. Everything about her was dark; her hair, her eyes, and her skin. She smiled warmly at me, "You must be Arabella." 

I smiled gently, "The one and only. You must be Emily."  

She nodded, "Welcome, I do hope you feel at home. Seth!" She called. Seth came running outside, revealing the same boy who asked my age, "Please take Arabella to her room." Seth nodded and smiled at me.

"Right this way," He said, motioning his hands through the door. I walked through, and the deep smell of woods rushed through me. It made sense, considering the pack house was in the middle of them, perfect for a pack.  We walked up a flight of stairs, and down a long hall. He opened up the last door on the left, and revealed a small, clean room. It had cream walls, and light colored furniture to match.

"Thankyou," I said, looking up at Seth.

He just smiled, "Dinners in an hour, but I'm sure the entire pack will be dieing to meet the totally hot new girl." 

I blushed, then realised, "What do you mean dinner?"

He looked confused, "What do you mean?"

I just stared blankly, "Don't you hunt for your food?"

His laugh boomed through the silent room, and I just continued to look at him confused. "No, we don't, Emily cooks for us." 

Emily cooks for them? I was suddenly excited for dinner. I hadn't had human food for eight years. 

"I'll see you later," Seth said, and with that, he left. 

***  

I heard a gentle knock on the door, "Come in," I replied. Emily walked in, smiling warmly. 

"Dinner is ready, but if you're a bit overwhelmed, you can eat up here," She said. 

"Oh no worries, it's fine," I said, getting up from the bed. I fallowed her down the long hall, and down the stairs, and into the dining room. The dining room was fairly big, with a long wooden table in the middle. I sat down, and gently scootched the chair in. Emily set the food on the table, and within seconds, the entire pack came running in. All of the seats filled up, except one. I could feel their eyes burning through me, but I just stared at my food, and ate silently. Mashed potatoes, corn, roast beef, gravy, and peas filled my plate. 

Emily broke the silence, "So how is your first human dinner in eight years?"

I nodded, and took a small bite of mashed patatoes. It was awful. I guess I made a grossed out face, because the boys erupted in laughter.

Emily looked a bit disapointed, "You don't like it?"

"I haven't eaten human food in eight years. It may take a while for me to get used to it!" I said, smiling at her hopefully.  

"Arabella, after dinner the packs going for a run, would you like to join us?" Sam asked.

"Um," I hesitated, "I think I'll stay back here and help Emily clean up."

"Oh no Arabella, you don't have to," Emily said, smiling at me.

"I know, but I want to," I replied simply.  

*** 

The pack slammed the back door as they left. I watched them shift into beautiful creatures I had known so well.  

"Beautiful, isn't it?" She asked gently. I nodded. "You know, I've always wanted to know what it felt like, running through the forest, the wind blowing softly through your fur. The rush of the hunt." 

"It's wonderful," I replied simply. "Emily, what about schooling? Do you guys go to school?" I asked, changing the subject. 

"Yes, they attend Forks High School," Emily said. I nodded, and she continued, "I expect you would be wanting to join them?"

I nodded, "But wouldn't I be behind on schooling?"

Emily laughed warmly,  "Werewolf's are extremely smart. Theres one month left in summer, I'm sure the boys would be pleased as punch to catch you up on everything. I could also take you shopping, to get some new clothes, if you like?" 

I smiled, "That would be perfect! Thank you so much, Emily!"

"We can go tomorrow, if you like?" she asked.

"That'd be great!"

*** 

The smell of werewolfs twisted through my nose in the middle of the night, waking me up. I wouldn't of even know they came home, considering how quiet they were. I'm guessing Emily didn't wake up. I heard them softly laughing as they came down the long hall, slowlying thinning out going into each of their rooms. I smiled, then drifted back into a deep sleep.