An Unfortunate Meeting

Start from the beginning

She was shoved in the back and the shove was almost hard enough to push her onto the ground. Iris was able to keep her balance and spun around with a glare. The push wasn't an accident, and she knew that. It definitely felt intentional, and Iris was starting to become mildly annoyed that anyone would do that. Anger bubbled up in her as she came to face with two Slytherin boys.

The first looked to be only a year younger than her with short black hair that had far too much gel in it. The light from the sun had been reflected off of his hair and Iris had to squint her eyes to see the boy properly. His eyes were narrowed towards her with a surprising amount of malice. She knew that Slytherins had a hatred for Gryffindors, but she didn't necessarily expect to be attacked without cause. The boy did have a eerily similar look to one of her friends. If he had longer hair, a spark of mischief in his grey eyes and an aura of arrogance, she swore he could have been a slightly younger version of Sirius.

The second boy had blonde, almost white, hair and dull blue eyes. The boys skin was a pale as a sheet and Iris didn't know if she was looking at a boy or a ghost! He held an immeasurable amount of loathing that was directed towards her and she was sure that he thought she would cower under his stare. Perhaps that's what most people did when he looked at them, but not Iris. After a moment passed, she could tell that he noticed that as his upper lip pulled back in a sneer in hopes of intimidating her. She gave him an unamused look and raised an eyebrow.

"Is there a reason you assaulted me? Or are you just wasting my time?" She asked cooly with her arms crossed and a bored expression.

The younger boy sneered at her, "do you think you're funny?"

Iris rolled her eyes, "wasting my time it is." She snorted humorlessly and tilted her head, "I do find myself funny, but I have a feeling that isn't really the reason why you decided to push me."

The boys shared a glance with each other and turned back to her. "It appears that not all Gryffindors are as stupid as we believed," the blonde boy smirked though there was no sign of amusement anywhere on his face as he shared a glance with his friend once again.

Iris shook her head and sighed, "you two must be living under a rock if you think Gryffindors are stupid. If we're done here, I'm leaving." She turned to leave the two boys who were getting on her nerves and started to head to the Great Hall. Honestly, what is wrong with these boys for them to randomly assault her. She didn't prank them personally, at least, she didn't recall doing so, and definitely found their actions to be overreactions. If she did prank them, it was a prank. They need to learn to let things go, Iris bitterly thought as she tried to march away from them. However, it seemed like the two Slytherins weren't done with her.

The blonde boy, Lucius Malfoy, grabbed her forearm before she could get too far and pushed her against the wall. He'd be damned if he or Regulus Black, the other boy, let the Gryffindor go. They needed to make sure that she knew who she was dealing with if she ever crossed them. Think of them being merciful and warning her when she decided to do something stupid that involved them. Plus, this wasn't just about intimidating her. They needed to make sure that the pieces to their twisted puzzle were put into place. "Now wait a minute," he spoke with a patronizing voice, "we have so much to talk about." He and Regulus caged Iris against the wall and tried to intimidate her as much they could. For what could one weak, little Gryffindor girl do against two Slytherin boys?

"Trying to act like thugs are we, boys?" Iris spat out with amusement, "Merlin, and you call me stupid! What are you going to do? Hex me for no reason?"

"No reason!" Regulus barked and quickly pulled out his wand while raising it to her throat threateningly and growled. "We have our reasons, Evans! Think of this as us being kind."