| You Are Never Alone |

This short story is about two broken people. One found solace in Jesus Christ. And the other wants to die. Can she bring him to see, that no matter what he has been through, he is never alone. A short story about Jesus' promise to never forsake his people. When you feel alone, Jesus is always there and will always send a loving soul your way. Never give up on yourself or him!

~*~*~*~

She didn't know what she was thinking. She stomped on the brakes and skid the car to a stop. Thankfully no one was behind her. With great speed, she turned off the car, grabbed her cellphone, and jumped out. Slowly, she approached the sidewalk where the railing of the bridge was structured.

She took a moment to take a breather, heart thudding wild within her chest. Today was a nice day so far and she did not want it to end this way. Rubbing her sweaty hands along her jeans, she swallowed the nerves that screamed for her to turn and leave.

But she could not do that. God would not be pleased. If she did not do something, this would ruin her for the rest of her life mentally, physically, and possibly spiritually.

"S-sir," she said voice coming out lower and shakier than she expected. She cleared her throat and tried again, but with more power. "Sir?"

The young man sitting on the rail with his legs dangling in the air did not budge. His puffy red eyes, drained of all hope, stared at the water below. She felt her eyes flood with tears and her chest constrict with grief for what inevitable grief to come.

She inhaled with a shiver, "Sir? I was wondering if you could give me the directions to Windmill Park?"

This seemed to snap him back to reality. His head turned along with his dreary gaze. For a minute, he stared at her expressionless with sheet skin as if he'd already been dead and wanted to die again. Then his dark eyebrows furrowed in confusion and annoyance.

"Go away," he said in a husky voice.

Hearing him respond got her praying the more for Jesus to help her in this dire situation.

"Sir, may I ask you what's wrong? We should talk."

"I don't know you."

"Makes it more easier. You know my birthday was two days ago."

"Good for you," he said with such sorrow she had to take a minute to control her own emotions.

"Yeah. I celebrated it by myself. It was good I guess."

This caught his attention. Those glazy eyes studied her. His grip on the railing loosened causing him to sway slightly forward. Her heart dropped into her stomach, but stepped closer ready to grab him. But thankfully, an angel rebalanced him. She doubted he even noticed what had happened.

"Why were you by yourself?"

She sniffled. "Oh...uh...I was the only child. My parents died in a car accident five years ago."

"I'm sorry to hear that," he said shoulders slouching.

"I fell into depression for a few years after that until I recovered."

"How'd you do that?" he asked staring at the sunny blue sky afar.

A smile stretched across her face as she recapped those memories when she felt as low as this man felt right now. "My neighbor at the time. She told me that she knew a cure for how I was feeling. That Sunday she took me to church."

The young man closed his eyes and opened them with a scold. She narrowed her eyes, "Are you okay?"

"He helps who he wants to help," he muttered leaking bitterness into his husky voice.