Chapter twenty-three

Week nineteen_ ( Monday )

He took a deep breath, chuckling softly, probably remembering something, "they say that I look a lot like her," his smile turned into a grim, "I still remember how she looked, her face, her smile," he laughed bitterly, "she was the only person I was sure I wasn't going to lose, but I was wrong, I was so fucking wrong, she never told me or my siblings that she was ill, she kept it a secret, she never showed us she was sick, there was no trace of tiredness, her hair wasn't falling- she looked healthy! Cancer didn't even crossed my mind, she looked even happier than before." He took a few deep breaths, "your aunts knew, my dad knew. Everyone knew except us!! Her own kids! Isn't that messed up!?" He looked at me with angry eyes. I stayed quiet, he continued talking.

"The day I knew she was sick was when she was sent to a hospital for two days, I had to ask my dad continuously for him to break down, he told us everything, I couldn't believe it until I went to visit her, I thought it was all a joke, but when she said it herself-" he paused, his clinched his jaw, stopping his lips from trembling, "I remember asking her if she was okay, wanna know what she said?" I nodded, "she said don't worry, I'll be safe in God's arms. I broke down Sapphire, I cried so much, my dad had some trouble getting me out of the hospital." He chuckled, "he had to drag me, I kept pulling, but he was stronger and managed to drag me out of the hospital, that night I couldn't sleep, after that night I didn't stop visiting her, talking to her all day, acting casual, but I always end up crying when it was time to leave," he smiled at the sad memory, he took a shaky breath, "After weeks, the hospital called a-and," he gulped, "the hospital called my dad and informed him t-that she died, while she was asleep- I didn't have time to say goodbye," he was trying to hide his sob, his chest rose and fell heavily.

My eyes were getting wet with tears, I felt my heart ache thinking about aunt Jules, she was a women that no one can hate, she was lovable, sociable, kind hearted, strong, and a peaceful women.

He held my hands tighter, "I love her so much Saph, and I hate myself for not showing her what she meant to me. I regret not telling her that, I wasn't a bad kid, but I never-" he stopped, trying to calm himself.

I hugged him tightly, he buried his head on my neck, his sobs started to form, they were muffled but loud, my tears fell freely, but I held myself together. Stay strong Saph, for Elliot.

He continued sobbing, his sobs were expressing his anger, love, sadness, regret, all together, he was letting his feelings out, he was trying to take the weight off his shoulders, and I'm willing to help him.

"I miss her so mu-uch." He chocked out, he didn't stop crying, though he was trying to.

I waited till he finished crying, but he was still hugging me, his hot breaths were calm now, "Elliot." I spook softly.

"Hmm."

"I can feel your wet saliva on my shoulder," he chuckled, I smiled, at least I can make him laugh.

He slowly pulled away, looking at me with a small smile, his eyes were red, cheeks full of almost dried tears, "sorry." He wiped his cheeks and lips.

"Thank you, for sharing that." I looked at him gratefully.

He shrugged, "thank you for listening," he cringed, "this was supposed to be a happy date."

I smiled toothfully, "I am happy."

He rolled his eyes, "I just told you about my mom's death, what's so happy about that?"

I shrugged, "You opened up to me.. and I kinda always wanted to know what happened," I smiled sheepishly, "so... Yeah."