Chapter four

Week four_ (sunday)

I opened my closet, trying to decide what to wear for today.

It took a lot of time to convince my parents about me visiting the Browns, but with Maya's help, they agreed.

I ended up wearing something nice but not too much.

I wore a heart shaped necklace, a gold ring on my middle finger, and a watch (yes some people wear watches these days), I combed my long wavy brown hair, wore pink nude flats, I took my black hand bag, put on a little perfume, and walked downstair...

I wore a heart shaped necklace, a gold ring on my middle finger, and a watch (yes some people wear watches these days), I combed my long wavy brown hair, wore pink nude flats, I took my black hand bag, put on a little perfume, and walked downstairs to the living room, sat on a couch, and waited for her.

My big bro Nathan, walked in and saw me all dresses up so he had a confused look, "where are you going?" He asked.

"Rose invited me and Maya to have lunch at her house." I said while looking through pinetrest.

"Rose? Which Rose are you talking about?" He asked.

"Rose Brown, Max's daughter. Remember her?"

"Oh um okay." He said nodding, but I could see that something's occupying his mind.

"Is there something wrong?" I raised my eyebrows at him, I saw him shrugging as if it's nothing, "Nathan."

He looked at me then sighed, "Look I just wanna tell you to be careful, the boys aren't the same anymore, if you know what I mean." He gave me a pointed look.

I heard Adam, the youngest of them all was okay. He's fifteen now I think, but he's as innocent as a baby, he hasn't changed like his older brothers, which I believe was hard on him after what happened. He's even more inoccent than I am, and being in this generation, mostly boys his age start being jerks or players, but he was different, and that's good.

I rolled my eyes at my brother, "We're just going to have lunch with Rose, talk a little you know, catch up then leave, not go on a date or something with the boys." I explained.

My phone beeped; Maya texted me, saying she's outside. I said goodbye to my brother then got out of the house, and inside her car.

"Hey!" I greeted her. We side hugged. She started driving after I put on my seat belt.

"Hey. Are you ready for this?" She wiggled her eyebrows. Not this again.

I chuckled, I pushed her side a little, "shut up and tell me the plan."

"Well, I was thinking of taking it slow, first we'll start visiting their house, we'll talk and chat about ourselves and Rose, then we'll talk about our family, then ask Rose about hers, she won't say much but she'll give you little details about him, and you don't know, if you're lucky maybe you'll see him in one of our visits." She finished it with a wink. My heart was beating so fast, see him? Damn I'm so nervous.

I nodded, put on a shaky smile, "okay, sounds like a good plan." I feel like a stalker... Maybe I am a stalker!

She laughed knowing that I'm nervous, "Hey breath, don't forget to breath." She said teasingly.

I chuckled shaking my head. It was silent for a few seconds until she spoke again, "I have a question, mind answering me honestly?"

"Okay." I nodded.

"When did you start liking him?" Now that I can't answer. Why? Because I don't know the answer either.

I shrugged, "I don't specifically know, I guess I felt it when I saw him the first time after we got separated."

Her eyes widened, "That was long time ago Saph! And you didn't even tell me. I'm wounded, hurt, betrayed." She put her right hand on her chest while the other one was holding the steering wheel.

I rolled my eyes at her, "Maya this is not the right time to act like this. I'm so nervous, I feel like throwing up." I said, holding my stomach, I felt something moving. Butterflies? Nah..

"It's going to be fine, it's natural. I used to feel like that with Brad. Everytime he would text me, or sit next to me in class, you have no idea what happens to me, I felt like I was going to faint, or sometimes I just wanted to laugh so loud because I was so nervous. But it felt natural after awhile, so don't worry." She reassured me smiling widely.

I inhaled then exhaled deeply, closing my eyes, why are you nervous Saph? There's nothing to be nervous about. You're just about to enter his house after a very long time.

"We're here." Maya's voice snapped me out of my own world, that was fast..

I quickly got out, closing the door behind me, I took a deep breath and took what's in front of me. Maya walked next to me, holding her phone, texting someone, "Just texted Rose, told her we're outside." I nodded.

We both walked towards their door, waiting for Rose to open it, after awhile she came, we greeted each other. "Come in." Rose said, waving at us to follow her, Maya entered first, then I did, I closed door behind me.

I look at their small front yard, I frowned when I didn't find Lucifer, where's the dog?

I shook my head, I got inside the house, and I was wrapped in a cold and depressing atmosphere, I frowned little, what the..?

We walked towards the living room, oh my gosh. The whole family was there.

"Maya? Sapphire? Oh my god, you have grown into such beautiful girls." Max greeted us with a warm smile, he has always been such a nice and kind man.

Maya was thrilled when she saw him, she walked up to him, and gave him a bear hug. I could feel his stare, it was so strong that I couldn't make eye contact with him, I just watched Maya choking the life out of Max.

"Uncle Max I missed you so much." Maya said while hugging him.

He chuckled patting her back, "missed you too kiddo." They both pulled back, I went to Max and hugged him, but it was more gentle than Maya's.

"Missed you uncle Max." I said whole-heartedly.

"Missed you too Sapphire." After we pulled away, we gave each other warm smiles, then I walked towards Adam, who was being teased by Maya.

She was ruffling his hair, saying stuff about styling it for him. He saw me walking to him, and immediately stepped away from Maya, and came to me as if I'm his heroine.

"Saph, please tell Maya to stop messing with my hair, she keeps doing it and she knows I can't stop her because I'll end up touching her." He begged.

"Oh do it, smack her hand, pull her hair, let her feel the pain, she loves it." I encouraged him.

He frowned, "But I can't touch a girl, that's not right." He's such a sweetheart.

I laughed at him, shaking my head I walked towards Ella, the oldest sibling, she was carrying her one year old boy Isaac, I greeted her and her husband who was standing beside her, I started making funny faces to Isaac, he just stared at me with wide eyes as if I'm crazy.

I laughed, then walked towards Elliot, who stood next to Ella's husband. He was wearing a black shirt that hugged his muscled body with dark jeans, his light brown hair was a bit messy but somehow styled, giving him the badboy look, his dark green eyes screamed "BACK OFF", his skin was pale as ever, his pink lips was pursed, he was clinching and unclinching his jaw while he was looking at me, I sure felt intimidated by him.

You can do this Saph, just open your mouth, and don't hold back.

I smiled a little, "________

________________________________