7

Weeks had passed since Max had made me promise that I wouldn't go near Nick ever again. There I found myself again, in between a wall and that boy who drives me utterly insane, feeling his hands travel down my body, while mine tugged at his hair.
Being so secretive made me feel somewhat close to being powerful; to being in control of the situation. I knew very well things would turn back around, as they say, what goes around comes around. I also knew very well that this couldn't last forever; it's been more than a month since that party, it's been a month of hooking up with Nick behind my best friend's back in the backseat of his car or on the rooftop we go to almost every week, sometimes getting wasted underneath the moonlight, while feeling disgusted with myself. It made me feel powerful while making me feel disgusting for doing that to Scar. I haven't slept with him yet, that's a whole different thing, but I still feel like I'm back-stabbing my best friend and I can't keep doing this much longer.

"I would love to stay," I mumbled between kisses, "but I have to go," I said, leaning my head on the wall behind me, catching my breath.

"Aw, come on," he chuckled, putting both of his hands on each side of my head, trapping me, as he leaned forward to kiss my lips once more. I smiled through the kiss, adoring the way his lips felt against mine, loving the way his body responded to mine, and deeply craving the sensation of his touch on my skin a lot longer.
I sighed and walked away from him, immediately missing him. I walked past a mirror and cringed at how easily we could tell that I had just been hooking up with someone in a bathroom stall.
My hair was a mess, individual pieces of hair flew everywhere around my head and my clothes were all messed up; the strap of my top hung loosely on my upper arm instead of sitting on my shoulder, and my cheeks were pink from being flustered.

I swear that boy makes me feel some type of way.

Before I could walk out, he grabbed my arm and spun me around, less than an inch away from my face. He slowly leaned in and brushed his lips against mine until the temptation was too much for me to handle. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back. The kiss was slow and passionate, rather than heated and lustful, but it was just as breath taking. I slightly smiled and pulled away, biting my lower lip.

"Bye now,"

"I'm picking you up tonight, 9, don't forget," he replied, scratching the back of his neck.
Gosh, was he attractive. His hair was messy and I don't know why, but there was something hot about that, and something even hotter about the fact that his hair was such a mess from hooking up with me. I left the bathroom stall, finally, and took my phone out of the back pocket of my jeans.

"Shit," I mumbled as soon as my screen lit up, noticing that I had 3 missed calls from Scar and 5 text messages.
I dialed back her number and waited for an answer.

"Hello?"

"Scar, hey! It's me, sorry I was busy," I lied, pressing my lips together at the thought of lying to her.

"It's okay, are we still on for tonight?"

Shit.

"Um, yeah, listen, I have to talk to you about something. Meet me at 8 at the usual?"

"Sure doll, I'll be there," she replied with her tiny voice through the phone as my eyes looked around out of nervosity.

I went home and took a long shower, trying to wash away the guilt and the presence of Nick on my skin, even though I wanted it there more than anything.
I thought Scar would've moved on by now. It's been a month and they don't talk at all.
But that's Scarlett.
She falls in love as easy as she falls asleep. When she has something or someone in mind, she doesn't let go until she has what she wants.
I grabbed my heels and called for a Uber to head for Scar and I's favorite restaurant. We've been going there on each of our birthdays since we turned 16, bringing fake IDs to get wine and alcoholic beverages. Now we go on a regular basis, even though we still aren't 18.