03;

Gray Dylan:

As I waited in Noah's passenger seat, Noah came out Audrey's front door without Audrey, and I raised my eyebrows. He slid into the drivers seat, and held onto the steering wheel.

   "You don't think Audrey is acting weird, do you?" Noah asked.

   "Yes, definitely, but things are only beginning to get weird, I wouldn't stress it."

   Audrey opened the backseat door, and buckled up inside. Noah shut up immediately, and zoomed off down the road.

-

   "So who were you on the phone with basically at dawn?" Noah asked Audrey between two rows of storage lockers.

   "Hey, fun story, none of your business," Audrey replied.

   "Always so mysterious," Noah commented, turning a corner.

   I stayed by Audrey, her face a mixture of fear, and guilt, but she wasn't going to say anything.

   "You look like you've seen a ghost," I said.

   "Maybe I have, these storage lockers are creepy. Noah, maybe we should come another time!" Audrey called out.

   "No, no, we have just enough time before school starts," chastised Noah.

   "Look, maybe we should go get breakfast instead of breaking, and entering. I'll spring for pancakes-"

   "No, no pancakes. Oo, wait, frame me up, maybe use like a Dutch angle, so it's creepier?" He suggested.

   "I got it."

   "This is it- ah what, the unit was already unlocked?" Noah said in disappointment.

   "Who else knew about the locker?" I asked.

   "Eddie didn't mention anybody else," Noah responded bummed out.

   "That guy sounds like a real source, Noah," Audrey said sarcastically, "Crescent Palms guy was hazing you."

   "We'll see. You're recording?" Noah asked, ready to lift up the locker.

   "Yep."

   Noah lifted it up, and my mouth dropped open in shock, and disappointment. Who would've though the Crescent Palms Jackass would lead us to a pile of crap. Half the stuff in here doesn't even look realistically possible to belong to Piper.

   "Ugh, this is such a lame disappointment," Noah said, sifting around the junk, "all this hype, and then nothing. It's like everybody's saying 'Ghostie the Blair Witch Project,' right?"

   I sighed, "what did you expect, Noah? A dead body from Piper's old room?"

   "Yeah, what did you expect, Noah? A big neon sign saying Piper was here..." Audrey trailed off in a whisper, and I followed where her eyes were frozen at.

   A security camera.

   "Noah, there's a security camera, if we check it we can see who came here first," I said.

   "Hey, uh, Noah, let's jet before someone else shows-"

   "Someone else? You're a genius. That's why the lock was broken, because someone got here first, right? Someone who didn't want anyone to find whatever was in here, so that means there is definitely something to find," Noah ranted.

   Noah reached up on a ladder, and proceeded to take the security camera perched on the wall.

   "Hey, you can't just take that!" Audrey protested, "it might be there for security."