Chapter 3

As I start waking up I realise that something is wrong. I slowly move my arm back and my heart drops when my arm doesn't come into contact with a body.

But come on who was I kidding I shouldn't have read into it as much as I have I'm just so nieve and silly to think he would stay.

I finally stop feeling sorry for myself and get up to head for the shower when I hear a knock at the door.

"Yeah? Come in" I say hoping its him. As the door slowly opens to reveal his face something seemed wrong and different.

"We need to talk" his voice cold and bitter.

"Okay" my smile has now faded.

"Last night didn't happen and just don't talk to me" wow things change fast with this guy. It's One minute I hate you then it's I love you and round again I feel like I'm stuck on loop.

"Wait what's got into you?" The confusion clear in my voice.

"Nothing but like I said nothing happened and what part of don't fucking talk to me don't you get?" His features hard and his words as cold as ice chipping away at me.
And before I can reply he is gone.

Did I dream last night up? Did I say something that I shouldn't have? Oh God did I try and kiss him? Oh shut up Cosima of course you didn't you were crying not drunk.

I spend the rest of the day avoiding Dylan at all costs and try and stay in my room until I get hungry I was locked up in my room for days until I couldn't take it anymore and had to get food. Well slight exaggeration more like 2 or 3 hours but hey a girls gotta eat. So I big myself up enough to head to the kitchen and make a sandwich when I hear a noise behind me I pray it's not Dylan and it looks like luck was on my side as it was only Jem and who I presume to be Terry.

"Uhh Cosima you're up. This is my husband Terry. Terry this is Cosima" she really does only ever smile.

"Well nice to finally match a face to go with the name" he says with a cheeky happy voice.

"Same. It was a shame I didn't get to see you last night" I say trying to sound polite.

"How are things, are you settling okay?" This question shocked me so much I just assumed they wouldn't care.

"I'm getting there" is the only honest response I could think of. But I'm also trying to hurry the conversation along as I don't want another run in with Dylan and I'm still kind of hurt by what he said last time.

"Well Terry, Carolyn and I are heading out for the day and probably won't be back in time for tea." Just like that my heart sinks from the realisation that I'll be alone with Dylan all day.

But before I could reply I heard the door shut. When I was just about to grab my toastie and head back up the door opens again and reveals Jem. "Oh and wake Dylan up. If he doesn't wake up use the squirt bottle and spray him with water, trust me that always gets him up. Thanks bye" and just like that the door closes again.

This was the encouraging speech I gave myself on the slow walk to Dylan's bedroom.
So it's official she's trying to get me killed. Dylan HATES me. Maybe he's in a nice mood. Or even better maybe he's already up.

Right so here goes nothing.

I knock on the door three times and no reply. I decide to open the door and silently walk to him.

"Dylan wake up" I whisper into his ear. Nothing still.

Okay come on Cos get a grip.

"Dylan get up" I continue to shake his shoulders nothing.