Nighttime Shenanigans

Start from the beginning

"That wasn't the only reason, James wanted to come see Lily as well," Remus chuckled.

"Shut it Moony, Sirius wanted to see Iris too," James muttered stuffing his mouth with his stolen roll of bread.

Sirius cleared his throat, "we all came over to welcome you to Gryffindor, that's all."

"Hmm, I'm sure," Iris said as she turned to the fourth boy who sat furthest away from her. "You're Peter I presume," The boy in question nodded his head meekly. Iris smiled warmly, seeing that the boy was shy and hesitant to speak. "Well, nice to meet you, I'm Iris," she smirked, "but you probably already know that."

"You sound as arrogant as Potter," a african-american girl said to Iris. Iris raised a brow as she leaned forward so she could see past Lily to the girl.

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?"

"Depends on who you ask."

"Iris, this is Wendy Hunt. Wendy, this is my sister Iris," Lily introduced the two girls. Iris nodded her head before reaching across Lily to shake the other girl's hand.

"Pleasure to meet you, dear," Wendy said with a warm and inviting smile.

"Same here," Iris smiled before turning back to the food. "Now, time for more food!"

###

Once the feast was over, and all the students were full of food they all headed to their dorms. Iris followed her sister and her new friends up to the Gryffindor tower. They walked up the confusing, always changing staircases and made it to the portrait with the fat lady.

"Geez, I'm going to get lost while trying to get to class," Iris complained as they walked through the portrait and into the Gryffindor common room. The vibrant, warm colors decorated the common room and greeted the students who were ready for bed. Around the room, eager and tired students sat in the chairs and spoke animatedly with each other about the new year.

"Don't worry, we'll help you find your way around the castle," Marlene dismissed as she hopped onto one of the unoccupied couches. "Most of us got lost on our first day here, it's nothing to worry about."

"Well, she'll have us to show her around," Wendy commented. "But I suggest we go to bed, early morning tomorrow. And I don't want to be late to the first breakfast this year, again." She glared at Marlene harshly. Said girl raised her hands in mock surrender and chuckled.

"It isn't my fault someone kept me up all night," Marlene said before clearing her throat. "James Potter is one of the most inferable boys ever I have ever met." She said in a squeaky high voice, obviously trying to mimic Lily's voice. Lily glared at Marlene and huffed with her arms crossed.

"Is that suppose to be my voice? Because that definitely didn't sound like me," she snapped.

Iris laughed lightly, "I don't know Lil, it sounded pretty close." Lily glared at Iris before launching herself at Iris and tried to catch her. But Iris slithered out of her grasp and ran to the other side of the room with Lily right behind her. The girl laughed as they watched Lily try, and fail, to catch her twin around the room.

When the girls calmed down, and Lily finally caught Iris and proceeded to hit her a few times, they all went up to their shared dorm. "Here, Iris, this is your bed," Lily said as she pointed to the bed beside her, which was right next to the window. Outside the window showed a view of the black lake, it's murky waters shining in the moonlight.

"Yeah, and the bathrooms over there," Marlene yawned as she pointed to a door that was on the other side of the room. "I'm changing first," She quickly gathered her clothes before stumbling her way into the bathroom as fast as she could. Wendy raced after her and complained that she always took the longest. Iris hopped onto her bed and sat with her legs underneath her. Shadow, Iris' midnight black kitten, trotted into the room and leisurely made his way onto Iris bed with one leap. Iris scooped the kitten up and cuddled him in her lap.