Chapter 7: The Lie We Told

January 2001

January 2001

AJ looked across the room during the photoshoot. She noticed Taraji, with her pink crop top showing off her toned stomach, had her arm wrapped around Tyrese's & they were just laughing & giggling away at nothing. Tyrese would whisper something to Taraji & she'd just giggle like a little school girl talking to her crush. When Taraji rested her head on Tyrese's shoulder, during a photo with AJ the both of them completely ignoring her prior, she knew she was going to have to talk to her. Taraji is young, she's new in the game & she could do some things she'd later regret. As a veteran, AJ felt it was her duty to school her, it would be wrong not to do so. Not that she had anything against Tyrese, he was a nice guy, but he's young too. When the shoot wrapped & everyone was going home, she pulled Taraji off to the side.

 When the shoot wrapped & everyone was going home, she pulled Taraji off to the side

"Hey girl, I need to talk to you" she said as she grabbed her arm. "About what?" Taraji innocently asked.

"About the business" replied AJ. They sat on Taraji's car in the parking lot. Just as AJ was about to begin, Tyrese came walking over to them. He hugged Taraji & kissed her cheek. He held her just a little too long. AJ could tell they liked each other a lot. That was a problem.

"Bye" he said as he bit down on his bottom lip. "See you tomorrow" he continued.

"Bye" Taraji said while smiling from ear to ear. Meanwhile, AJ sat there looking back & forth at the both of them.

"You be good, Tyrese" she shouted his direction as he walked away. "I'm always good" he replied. She returned her focus to Taraji, who just seemed to be so smitten with the guy. Her big eyes just followed him until he was no longer in her view. John did have the both of them hanging out all of the time, his way to help build a chemistry that would be felt in the movie. "You can't fake good chemistry, you either have it or you don't", he'd say. Sparks flew between Tyrese & Taraji the moment she came in for the audition months ago. Them hanging out, outside of the set, just set their chemistry on fire. They were inseparable. Like Velcro, if you saw one, you'd see the other. This girl was falling. Bad news, AJ thought.

"You like him, huh?" she asked, snapping Taraji out of her trance.

"I mean, he's cool" she replied, nonchalantly, shrugging her shoulders.