Eggnog and Ugly Sweaters

Start from the beginning

**

"It looks perfect." I gushed, clearing my throat and swallowing hard to keep from crying.

"Oh God, are you serious? Girl, it's not even that big of a deal. Why are you about to cry?" Kiara asked incredulously before laughing light-heartedly. I just shrugged my shoulders in response and bit down on my lower lip to keep it from trembling.

"If this is what pregnancy is like, then fuck that shit; I'm staying abstinent from now on. Uh-uh. No thank you," she stated sounding while shaking her head back and forth. I snorted loudly, my heavy emotions finally starting to pass.

"Like that would ever happen. You enjoy the male touch far too much to be celibate. Especially when you're around your boyfriend," I shot back knowingly.

She sighed wistfully. "You're right. You know, he does this thing with his hips where he-"

"Okay!" I blurted, interrupting her. "Let's go ahead and get the food ready," I said. She chuckled, carefully nudging me in the side before following me into the kitchen.

Knox's POV

I huffed loudly as I finally got my key in the lock and pushed the front door open. Working the week before Christmas sucked, especially when Poppy was out of school and I wanted nothing more than to be home cuddling with her day. The day seemed to just fucking drag, the three meetings I had moving at the pace of goddamn paint drying. Not to mention I was tired from staying up late talking to Poppy's tummy in between kisses against her skin. Since she told me she was pregnant, my favorite thing to do is talk to our babies – even if they can't quite hear me yet. That wouldn't be possible until Poppy was eighteen weeks.

The first scent that hit me as I stepped over the threshold was pine. Upon closer examination, it didn't appear to be a natural scent, but more like it came from a can.

And that's when I saw it.

The room looked as if Kris Kringle himself had vomited everywhere. I smirked to myself at what my beautiful Flower had been up to today while I was away.

"Flower? Where're you hiding, baby?" I called out, slipping my coat off my shoulders before quickly hanging it on the coat tree at the entrance.

"You're home!" Poppy shouted happily from the entrance of the foyer. I finished pulling my shoes off before finally righting myself so I could look at her and give her the proper greeting she deserved. Finally settling my eyes on her, she didn't disappoint one bit. My God, she's a sight for sore eyes. I could feel my dick begin to harden in my pants like it did every time I saw her.

I will never get enough of her. Ever.

"Here!" she said with a smile while thrusting her hands forward with an offer of warm snickerdoodle cookies situated a plate that read "Santa's Cookies" around the rim in big, red cursive lettering. I picked one up and quickly shoved the whole thing into my mouth one bite. I moaned as the gooey morsel seemed to just melt on my tongue. Fuck, just when I think she couldn't get more perfect...

"These are amazing, baby. Thank you," I murmured honestly. "Now, come here and give daddy a kiss," I ordered gruffly. Her cheeks turned my favorite shade of red, almost matching the color of the gaudy snowman sweater with 3D bells she was wearing. I sighed in content when she pressed her lips to my own and instantly opened her mouth for me when I licked her bottom lip with my tongue, finally getting a fix of my favorite taste; her. Though I prefer tasting what she has between her legs much more, I decided to keep my raunchy thoughts to myself until dinner was over.

I could smell the delicious aroma of the feast she'd prepared for us wafting from the kitchen and I knew she'd probably slaved over it the last two hours or so. I didn't want all her hard work to go to waste just because I couldn't seem to think with the correct head.