chapter two

Chapter two

By the time Olivia had come out from Noah's new room, Trevor was standing in her kitchen above two cups of tea.

"Thank you"

"livia, have the tea. It will help you relax."

"thank you Trevor. Today has been insane"

"have you eaten?"

"not since before court"

"why don't I order us some takeaways and we can relax?"

"sure, I'll just go change"

Olivia walked to the bedroom as Trevor called in the food.

Olivia's bedroom

Olivia changed out of her work clothes into some tracks. Sitting down on her bed, olivia noticed a new photo frame next to her bed. It hadn't been there in the morning and the only person that had been there was Trevor. She looked at the photo closely and saw herself and Trevor when they were about 20ish with a baby wrapped in a blue hospital blanket. She thought back to that day, she seemed so happy and her mother had to wreck the happiness by drinking when looking after her then 2 month old son. Olivia & Trevor had then decided that Trevor would raise their son and Olivia would carry on with her life, with the occasional letter & photo from Trevor.

She had never let go of the hope she would see her son again. She had hoped that he wouldn't be an adult before she had gotten the chance. He would be 21 years old now.

Olivia walked back out of the room when she had heard the front door close. Dinner was on the coffee table with 2 glasses of orange juice. Olivia sat down next to Trevor, out the corner of his eyes he could see that she had been crying. He wondered what had been the cause of it. Had it been because she was exhausted or had she found the photograph of their son.

"Livia"

"did you ever think where we might have been if my mother hadn't done what she did?"

"Always when I was rating him. Everytime he got an A, I would thin about how proud you would be of him"

"how is he now? What is he doing?"

"Cpl (corporal) Phoenix Cato Benson is currently out in the Pacific Ocean"

"Marine. He didn't want to be a lawyer?"

"He's a medic on his last tour. He didn't want to work in the job we do."

"how has he done his four years in the Marines & made corporal ?"

"he joined when he was 17 years old. He finished High School early. Our 16 year old son did a year in medical school before signing on to the Marines and doing his studies as well as working."

"our smart child. I hope Noah ends up as smart as Phoenix."

They continued to talk for the rest of the night. It was about 1 am before Trevor noticed that Olivia had fallen asleep on his shoulder. The baby woke up once during the night, Olivia careful got up to tend to Noah before heading back to the sofa where Trevor was.