Chapter 26: Should I Regret It?...

Start from the beginning

"Do you wanna get a shower?" I smirked as I looked over my shoulder, he was already a few steps behind me.

-TIME SKIP-

"Please sign here and here" Mr. Henry directed while handing me a pen and the deed to the boarding house.

"Ok" I agreed and began to do as he said.

"So this place is all yours? They just gave it to you?" Bonnie asked from her position beside Elena, both on the couch opposite to me.

"For now. As sole owner, I'm the only one who can invite certain idiots in here, if you know what I mean" that is the least vague way to say that.

"Your own personal safe house" Elena smiled.

"That's the idea" I shrugged.

"Wouldn't want to clean it" Bonnie muttered as I finished with the signing.

"And that would be all" Mr. Henry smiled and we stood, Elena and Bonnie stayed seated and on the couches as I walked him to the front door.

Opening it I turned to the old guy as Stefan and Damon looked eager to get inside. "Thank you, Mr. Henry" I shook his hand before he walked out and away. Taking a few steps back but keeping my eyes on the boys, I grinned when they tried to get in but couldn't. "I'm sorry. I completely forgot(!)" my grin widened. "Stefan. Would you like to come inside my house?"

"I would love to. Thank you" he moved next to Elena on the couch.

"What are we, 12?" Damon asked as I looked at him.

"Well, that's no way to talk to me if you want to be invited in" I pouted.

"Just let me in, Kat" he pushed with a sarcastic smile.

"What's in it for me?" I bit my lip with the words.

"Invite me in and I'll spend my day showing you" he smirked.

"Tempting offer--" I was cut off as my darling twin rushed beside me.

"Dead body, Kat. Remember?" she reminded me. Oh Elena, if only you knew.

"Yes, Mother" I rolled my eyes at her before turning back to Damon. "Damon. Would you please come into my home?" he stepped in as I moved towards the couches with Elena.

"Here you go" Elena threw me my jacket.

"Thanks" I chuckled slightly, still surprised she hadn't noticed me wearing her 'stayover at the Salvatore's' clothes.

"Wait, where are you going?" Stefan asked.

"To school" I said in a duh tone while slipping into my jacket--I hate school but I can't help but prefer it to my new prisons...

"Huh?" Stefan asked.

"No, no, no. We didn't create a safe house for you to leave it" Damon denied also.

"Yeah, guys, Klaus is out there. We know that" Stefan reminded us.

"Right. But where? No one knows. Look, I really appreciate what you guys are doing for Kat. And I'll be able to sleep at night knowing that she'll be safe here, but she's not going to be a prisoner, or miss out on any more school" it was lovely what Elena said, until her real reason shone in the 6 letter word that represented a young persons hell, boredom, or golden ticket. Whichever.

"Got it" Bonnie walked around the corner holding my bag.

"Thanks, Bon" I smiled and took it from her. "Anyway guys, you don't have to worry because I'll be with Bonnie. And the way I see it, next to Bonnie is the safest place that I can be" I reassured them.