me:

you'll have to fight me first💪🏽

jack:

i'm down😏😉

me:

omg😂🙈

jack:

no but fr i need hangover remedies now because mine never work

me:

well i've never been drunk before so i have no idea

jack:

woah you've never been drunk?

me:

never

jack:

and you should keep it that way it's the worst😪

me:

but i'll go and ask my brother since he gets wasted almost every weekend👍🏽

jack:

okay but hurry im slowly dying here babe🤒

me:

i'll try👍🏼💞

*

it was monday morning and i came into my english class, taking my backpack off my shoulder, before sitting down right in front of jonah.

"have you seen kelsey?" i instantly turned to him and asked.

he shook his head, "no, i haven't spoken to her since she told us to leave her at the party".

at that very second, jack came into the room with a few of his friends, whilst throwing a football between them and making an entrance like they usually do.

as expected, i took a moment to stare at him before friday night's events came back to me. the same events that i knew very well that jack wouldn't even remember.

so i looked away and was able to notice kelsey entering the room with sam following shortly after.

"kels, what happened to you? i tried calling and texting you over the weekend but you didn't respond" i told her.

she sat down beside us with a sigh, "yeah, my mom took my phone away for coming home so late on friday".

"ooo, what time did you get back?" jonah eagerly questioned.

"four in the mo—".

he quickly cut her off with a gasp, "she hooked up, i can hear it in her voice".

"jonah, don't be ridiculous" i brushed off until i examined the look on her face. "oh my god, who?".

kelsey rolled her eyes and leant closer, "i did not have sex with anyone, we just made out".

i watched her cautiously look over her shoulder at jack and his friends, yet sam was the only one who glanced over at us and then looked away.

"if i wasn't in a room full of people, i would scream right now but holy shit, you and sam wilkinson?" jonah excitedly spoke. "you do realise how many girls in this school dream of that boy's lips?".

"yes i do, which is why i just told him that i didn't want to make a huge deal out of it" she slumped down in her chair.

"okay, but how, why, when, where?" i asked, barely able to get my head around the events.

"we were both drunk, he told me that looked hot, it was just after you guys left and it happened in his room" she listed.

"is he a good kisser?" jonah wondered.

"yes, but it was a one off" she informed. "there's no way that i could get involved with those fuck-boy jocks".

i knitted my eyebrows, "jack isn't a fuckboy".

"yeah and neither is connor" jonah also defended.

"any guy who hangs out with sam wilkinson is classed as a fuckboy" kelsey finalised and our english teacher entered the room, before jonah could start debating against her words for connor's sake.

*

as soon as i came home from school, i dropped my bag by the door and went into the kitchen for a drink. but i slowed down, once i noticed my mom sitting at the island table alongside jack's mom.

"hey mom, hi mrs gilinsky" i briefly smiled.

"hello dakota" katherine replied, before i opened the fridge to find some orange juice. "yes, so jack is actually falling behind in math and he used to be a grade b student in that class".

i poured the drink into a glass with my back to them, whilst listening closely to their conversation.

"aw, that's a shame. but you know what would help? dakota could tutor him," my mom spoke up and i almost choked on the juice in my mouth. "she's excellent at math and is a straight a student".

i turned to them and started shaking my head, "mom, i don't think i can—".

"dakota come on, you need to put your talents into use" she pushed.

"but i have other classes" i tried to make excuses.

"sarah, don't push her, it's fine. if she doesn't want to do it, we can hire jack a tutor" katherine insisted, but my mom gave me a glare that read if i didn't agree now, i would never hear the end of it.

i huffed with my eyes tightly shut and knew very well that i was going to regret saying my next words, "okay, fine, yes, i'll-i'll tutor jack".

"oh, this is just wonderful. i'll tell him all about it once i get home" katherine happily said. "thank you, dakota and we can discuss payment after the first session".

i broke out a smile and left the kitchen, not being able to grasp what i just agreed to.

so i've agreed to tutor the guy that i've had a crush on for almost four years? the guy that i can barely speak to without feeling like i'm about to pass out? the guy who i am crazily texting whilst posing as another girl?

there's no way in hell that this is going to work out.

-

been too long, but i needed to understand where this book was heading before i could update

what do you guys think is gonna happen for jack and dakota now that she'll be tutoring him?

{vote, comment and share}