Chapter 1

Author's Note:

So I was inspired to write this after hearing the "If Tomorrow Never Comes" song by Ronan Keating.

This story will not focused on tell about AIDS, but focus about how Phoenix tried to spent time with his family and friends and how he tried to please everyone before he died.

I hope you like it, happy reading, anyway!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mr. Wright. I'm so sorry to tell you this, but you are positive. "

"Positive?"

"Yes.... You get a virus that once you do a blood transfusion, Mr. Wright. "

"Alright then. Thanks for telling me, Doctor. "

Phoenix smiled, as if didn't anything happened. Though he had just been informed that he tested positive AIDS. AIDS.

A disease which has not found a cure.

A disease which kills almost all sufferers.

Suddenly, his daughter's face appeared in his mind. Trucy. How will the girl react if she knew this?

No. Phoenix shook his head. She is not allowed to know. I promised her I would never disappear since I adopted her.

Apollo and Athena?

No. Phoenix shook his head. They are also not allowed to know. They see me as their role model.

And suddenly, a thought crossed in Phoenix's mind.

What if I never woke up again in the morning?

I will be very sorry.

Will be very sorry if she, Trucy, and they, Apollo and Athena, Maya, Edgeworth, and all the people I know, never know how much they mean to me.

Phoenix then made a promise to himself, to say to all of his relatives, that he loved them, and how much they mean to him.

Phoenix walked out of the hospital unsteadily, his hand into the pocket of his pants. He walked slowly, observing all the beauty in front of his eyes. Songbirds, plants waving, wind blew softly, as if to comfort him.

My life will not be much longer.

I will love deeper.

I will speak sweeter.

I will give that forgiveness, I've been denying.

"Dad, you're finally home!" exclaimed Trucy excited when opening the door. Phoenix smiled at her, and kissed both of his daughter's cheeks, then looked at Trucy's face deeply.

Why I never realized it before? She's growing up so fast. So pretty. She has no blood relationship with me, but her face is so similar with me.

I wish I could know what will happen next.

If only I could appreciate my life better.

Will I be able to see her graduate from school? Wearing a gown?

Will I be able to see her become a famous magician, beat David Copporfield?

Will I be able to meet up with her first boyfriend?

Will I be able to dance with her on her wedding day later?

Maybe, I will not be able to know the answers to the questions I have.